The Best Wheelchair
For centuries now, wheelchairs have been helping individuals to maintain active lifestyles and get around. Some of the first recorded writings on wheelchairs for sale came from China. Statistics have it that the first lightweight wheelchair made its first appearance in 1887 in Atlantic City. For some people, finding the best wheelchair is essential for day to day activities. Currently, it’s one of the most important pieces of medical equipment in the world. This means it plays a vital role for those who have problems with their mobility.
Are you looking for a great wheelchair bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying wheelchair equipment, please click here.
However, since there are a variety of wheelchairs UK in the market, knowing the best one to choose can be a bit challenging. They come in different shapes, sizes and other special features such as footrest, armrest and, soft mesh seat. By using the best power wheelchair, travel wheelchair or portable wheelchair, individuals can once again enjoy the freedom that comes with them. When you are shopping for one, it’s very important to choose one that meets your needs. If you are looking or the best collapsible wheelchair, click here to read our in-depth review.
Benefits of wheelchairs
There are seniors who reach a point where they think they cannot walk without help. Assistance can be due to arthritis, old injuries, hip problems, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson disease and many other issues. Although the realization that you need some assistance to walk may be hard to accept at first, there is always the bright side to the whole situation. Here are some of the benefits that people can enjoy from wheelchairs for sale UK.
• They assist with mobility. Chances are after some time a person’s mobility may have been affected and activities lessened leading to life that’s spent mostly indoors. In such a case wheelchairs will provide one with the freedom to move around fast and do the activities that they may want to do. Since most wheelchairs are designed to fit small spaces, an individual will also be able to move easily at home and enjoy a more comfortable and active lifestyle.
• Independence. When one has a difficult time walking or needs to frequently hold on someone to walk around, the best option may be to get a lightweight wheelchair UK. A wheelchair will not only remove the fear that you have but also give you back the independence and the free spirit that you need to move around. With cool wheelchairs, you can even begin to enjoy your hobbies and activities that you could not do before.
• Comfort. Many wheelchairs not only provide comfortable seating but also support for the back. With the best wheelchair, you’ll be able to get strong support and sit comfortably thus encourage good postures that will always ensure you are comfortable in the long run.
• Enjoy other activities. Enjoying the outdoors is always something that new wheelchair users look forward to doing most of their time. With the best small wheelchair, you can explore park trails, enjoy picnics with friends at the park and, capture picture and enjoy bad watching. You can also go shopping alone, travel, dine at some of the best restaurants, and give you a more active lifestyle that will result in in a healthier, happier life.
• Increased socialization. When one has a narrow wheelchair, he has a new sense of freedom that will allow him to comfortably and safely enjoy life. He can visit friends and families, and do all the other possible things that other people do. Those who could have been otherwise isolated in their homes without the best wheelchair will find a chance to once again regain their confidence and mobility in using their wheelchair. They will always be looking forward to participating in several other social activities as well.
• There is a variety of them. Since every person’s needs is unique, you cannot make one mobility wheelchair design for everyone. Thankfully, types of wheelchairs vary from basic pieces to high tech pieces that can recline or even tilt depending on the tastes and preferences of individual users. With that said, you can always choose the one that you need.
Types of wheelchairs
Since the dawn of commercially made wheelchairs, the different types of wheelchairs available today have significantly increased. If you are compact wheelchair user today you have many choices that you often need the assistance of therapists, assistive technology specialists and other wheelchair providers to help you select the most suitable one for you. If you are searching for the best wheelchair here are some of the ones that you can choose.
All-terrain wheelchairs have over time changed from standard oversized ones with big tires and wheels to machines that are designed to tackle any challenges, obstacle conquering and off-roading. There are also features such as tank tracks, reinforced frames, heavy-duty motors and batteries, balloon tires and beefed-up suspension that have made them favorites for wheelers who want to return to the great outdoors or whose work involve going to the hard terrains.
Just as the name suggests, manual wheelchairs are just that. They refer to the wheelchairs that are propelled by either one’s muscle power or pushed by someone who’s walking behind the wheelchair. Several types of different manual wheelchairs can range from heavy-duty to lightweight. Manual wheelchairs also fall in one or two different styles and types.
These are the type of wheelchairs that are battery-powered. These wheelchairs can either be controlled by the user or nearby attendant. As compared to the manual ones, these wheelchairs do remove the heavy work of propelling them from the hands and of the users thus help individuals who have severe mobility loss and disabilities to move around. There are also some advanced that are flexible enough to be adapted to every need with additional of other features such as speech device, respirator, specialized control, environmental control, and several other body alignment options. However, if you don’t need these advanced electric wheelchairs, there are several other types that you can choose from.
These are the types of wheelchairs that are specifically meant for kids. Although they mostly resemble small adult wheelchairs, they are fitted with other positioning devices such as adjusted backrest, seat width, leg rest height and armrest that will enable the child to grow. When it comes to these types of wheelchairs, it’s very important that children easily and quickly adjust to them and feel confident while interacting with their peers and other people that they associate with. Thankfully, most manufacturers nowadays make several fun looking wheelchairs and other accessories that they come with.
From the start of wheelchair sports, several wheelchairs have always been developed that are meant specifically for competition. Nowadays, wheelchair manufacturers, have heeded the cry of athletes and are now developing high-quality wheelchairs that come with several features that make them easy to be used for sports.
Do you know that there are also standing wheelchairs? As a matter of fact some of the most functional and exciting wheelchairs are the standing ones. When these wheelchairs stand the user also stands on them. Apart from the physiological benefits, there are also other benefits that people get from these wheelchairs.
These are also the type of wheelchairs that are majorly used by the airlines to facilitate the movement of disabled people while traveling. Although most of them are provided by the airlines, you can also invest in one privately if you travel frequently but have mobility issues. You can get them from wheelchair retailers. As compared to the cheap wheelchairs for sale, they tend to be lighter and smaller. They also come with some safety buckles so that you can buckle up yourself while on a flight just like other passengers who are using the airplane. It’s also very possible to use them even when you are not traveling.
These are also other special types of wheelchairs for sale in-store that are mostly used on the beach. Always made of hollow aluminum tubes or PVC, these cool wheelchairs come with cartoonish large wheels to help you transverse the sand with ease. Just because you have mobility issues does not mean that you can’t enjoy some of these things.
Tilt wheelchairs refer to the wheelchairs that can tilt or recline depending on what you are looking for. If you have patients suffering from cerebral palsy then they are the best types of wheelchairs to use.
Wheelchair maintenance tips
If you have mobility issues then wheelchair is your lifeline, giving you the independence and freedom that you need. To ensure that your wheelchair remains safe, comfortable and reliable, you should be keen on common problems that may cost you a lot of money to repair. Here are some of the tips that will help you maintain the wheelchair well.
• Deterioration of the wheels. If you regularly ride your wheelchair on rough terrain you need to keep an eye on uneven pavements and rough surfaces. Apart from regularly greasing the axle of the wheels, you should also try to avoid any terrain that may prevent your wheelchair from living its full life expectancy.
• Ill-fitting or worn-out upholstery. Over time, tears and cracks can appear where fabric folds or the screws can break through the upholstery. You, therefore, need to check the seat cushion to ensure that it’s offering the support and padding that you need. You also need to regularly clean the upholstery with a damp cloth and treat it with utmost care.
• Battery issues. One of the most important things that you need to do to keep your wheelchair maintained is to ensure that you constantly recharge the battery check the battery to ensure that it’s working well and is holding its charge for long. If you want your batteries to work better and last longer, you need to make sure that you keep them charged.
• Locked freewheel levers. If your motorized wheelchair has become unresponsive, you need to check whether locked freewheel levers are working well or not. If it has gone to the wrong position make sure you put them back to where they are supposed to be.
• Know your equipment and keep them organized. You need to regularly check the bolts and nuts and ensure that they are fastened well. Also, you need to look out for any breaks or cracks in the frame and have a list of suppliers that you can depend on in case you need any repair to be done.
• Keep the wheelchair clean. Always ensure that you keep your wheelchair clean by using a soft clean cloth.
By looking after your wheelchair well you can minimize the kind of repairs that you need to do from time to time. Although there are things that you cannot prevent when getting a wheelchair, try your level best to prevent the ones that you can.
Check out today’s top 10 wheelchair deals below…
- Lightweight and foldable aluminium frame; Escape Lite has been specially designed for ease of transportation and storage
- Attendant-propelled Wheelchair; Height adjustable footrests are swing-away and detachable
- Maximum user weight: Standard & Narrow 100kg (15 3/4 st); Adjustable seat belt included
- Durable padded full length armrests; Foot lever to assist with getting up kerbs; Heel cups on footplates
- 2 year warranty on main frame, 1 year warranty on complete chair
- PLEASE COMPARE THIS WITH OTHER TRAVEL WHEELCHAIRS IN A BAG. THIS MODEL IS THE ONLY ONE WITH PROPER SWING AWAY FOOTRESTS WHICH MAKE GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE WHEELCHAIR MUCH EASIER AS THEY CAN BE MOVED OUT OF THE WAY.
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELCHAIR FOLDS AWAY NEATLY INTO A CARRY CASE TO FIT IN A CAR OR PLANE.
- PUNCTURE PROOF SOLID TYRES. DETACHABLE FOOTRESTS, FOLD DOWN BACK.
- DESK ARMS SO WHEELCHAIR CAN BE PUSHED FURTHER UNDER A TABLE - SIMILAR MODELS DONT HAVE THE SHAPED ARMRESTS SO CANT DO THIS
- METALLIC BLUE
- EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT. The Dash Express weighs in at 12.2 Kilograms making this very lightweight and easy to transport.
- SUITABLE FOR OUTDOORS AND INDOORS. The Dash Express is very durable and can be used outdoors and indoors. The chair comes with attendant operated brakes with easy to apply and a release brake lever.
- FOLDING WHEELCHAIR FOR STORAGE. This attendant propelled chair features an efficient opening mechanism for ease of lifting and storage, it also has a very stylish frame and the chair looks fantastic allowing you to travel in style.
- HIGHER PUSH HANDLES. Higher push handles to create less back strain when pushing: 17" seat width and 315mm rear wheels with solid tyres.
- BUILT IN TIPPING LEVER. This is ideal for kerbs and also comes with flip up and swing away footplates. It also comes with a Lap belt with padded seat and back upholstery for added comfort.
- Delivery within 2 working days! Available in several seat sizes 18" or 20".
- Puncture proof solid rubber tyres!
- Flip up removable footrests!
- Folds in seconds for transportation or storage!
- Weight capacity 18st!
- Quick release rear wheels making the wheelchair lighter and easier to transport,
- Flip up removeable armests. Removeable and swing away legrests.
- Removeable height adjustable legrests. Lightweight and folds up. Includes lapbelt, heel straps and calf strap.
- Easily removeable seat cushion and padded backrest. Attendant slowing handbrakes and also parking brakes.
- Elite Care Model ECSP01-18. With a standard size 18" seat width. Narrow 16" and extra wide 20" models are available on other listings.
- One piece design, folds in seconds for storage or transport no need to remove any parts before folding.
- Ultra lightweight aluminium frame, gross weight only 11 KG. Larger size rear wheels 20".
- Held in stock and delivered within 2 working days. Fold down handle bars.
- Parking brakes and handle bar attendant brakes.
- Solid tyres not inflatable, hence no need to worry about punctures. Minor assembly only, just bolt on front wheels!
- Attendant Running Handbrakes. Lockable parking brakes.
- Removeable height adjustable footrests, Solid puncture proof tyres.
- Flip up armrests to aid side transfer or sitting at a table.
- 18" seat width. With lapbelt, heel straps and calf support strap.
- Cushion and padded removeable backrest included.
- Ideal to transfer of the user to a car, bed, toilet or chair; *Ergonomically Designed Self-Propelled Wheel System *Lightweight Foldable for easy storage; *Easy To Clean Soft Seat And Upholstery *Soft nylon seat and back upholstery for additional comfort; *Detachable swing away footrest and the most comfortable Dual Foot Rest * Suitable for indoor and outdoor use;
- SPECIFICATIONS – Unfold Dimension:102 x 65 x 86 cm； Foldable Dimension:102 x24 x86 cm ； Cushion Width: 46cm； Cushion Height: 49cm； Handle Height: 67cm； Distance Between Handles: 44cm； Cushion depth: 42 cm ； Posterior External Wheel: 80cm(31.5 inch) Black Solid Tire； Anterior External Wheel:27cm(10.5 Inch) Grey Solid Tire；
- Anterior Wheel Inner Diameter: 17cm； Posterior Wheel Inner Diameter: 61cm ； Steel Frame: Thickness 0.1cm，Uses a double crossbar support structure, with a protective coating； 14# steel spokes:36 PCS ； The front wheels have high quality solid tires, and are composed of high quality pressed steel； The back wheels have black inflated tires, plastic wheel handles, #14 . With steel brakes；
- Wheelchair Standard: GB/T13800-2009 Net Weight: 16kg，Gross Weight: 18kg，Load Capacity:100kg
- CONTACT US-If there is any problem with your order, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to assist you asap.
- Attractive and durable silver vein steel frame
- Nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight, attractive and easy to clean
- Comes with swing-away footrests. Seat length: 40 centimeter , seat height: 48 centimeter
- Padded armrests
- Carry pocket on backrest provides additional convenience
- High-magnification battery pack, longer battery life, capacity up to 10ah, battery life up to 20km, powerful dual motor drive, single-sided dual motor drive, one-stage helical gear drive, low power loss, easy climbing
- Adjustable reinforced anti-fall belt, more protection, prevent falling down when you fall asleep or faint, use comfortable foam PU sponge, not easy to damage, comfortable and durable, widen aluminum pedal, can prevent users from pedaling Out of the wheelchair, rear anti-rolling wheel, effectively preventing the wheelchair from going uphill is tilting, turning back
- The wheelchair is designed with a ergonomic design. The backrest is tilted back 8 degrees. The user rides more comfortably. The honeycomb is hollowed out. The air permeability is strong, the surface is refreshing, and it is easy to remove and wash. It is suitable for winter and summer.
- 1 second folding, fast folding, can be easily placed in the trunk of various vehicles, can be dragged like a suitcase in the folded state
- Humanized post-control system, the nursing staff does not need to push hard, can control the wheelchair behind the wheelchair, greatly reducing the burden of the nursing staff, the controller ramp brake, two-hand brake, double protection, greatly protecting the safety of the user
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Top tips for buying the best wheelchair
When it comes to buying the best wheelchair there are several things that you need to consider to help you choose the best. You also need to know how much does a wheelchair cost. Here are some of the tips that will help you.
• Attendant propelled and self-propelled. When looking for the best wheelchair you need to know the type of wheelchair that you are buying and consider whether you are looking for attendant propelled or self-propelled. Since not everyone is capable of propelling the wheelchairs, it’s important to choose self-propelled.
• Weight of the wheelchair. The weight and size of the wheelchair are also very important features that you need to consider when shopping for one. If you have a problem with the weight then you should look for the ones made of aluminum that are light in weight.
• Ability of the user. While shopping or the best wheelchair, it’s also very important to consider the ability of the user. If you are not capable of engaging in activities that require you to use a lot of energy then you should think of buying an electric wheelchair.
• Shape body size and build. The physical built of the user is also a very important factor before looking for the best wheelchair you need to consider the age, body weight, gender and height of the user. You may also consult experts who will advise you on the best wheelchair to buy.
• Medical requirements and primary diagnosis. Since people use wheelchairs for different reasons, those who are suffering amputations and paralysis will always have different needs than those who are just using wheelchairs to balance themselves.
• Storage. This is also a very important factor to consider when looking for the best wheelchair. If you are looking for one that you can transport and store easily then you need to choose a foldable wheelchair. It’s also important to know the wheelchair purchase price.
With several wheelchairs in the market, it’s very important to always look for the best. If you are shopping for one it’s advisable that you keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later. This way, you’ll end up with the best one.