The Best Small Garden Sheds In 2020
Planting a garden needs more than just a few seeds and an ambition. If you want your garden to be properly maintained and well planted, you’ll need a range of planting materials and different tools. Thankfully, with the best small garden shed, you’ll be able to make the most of your space.
However, small doesn’t mean basic. From classic to simple designs, painted to smarter options, there are several small garden sheds you can choose from. If you are looking to make or buy your small garden shed, then click here to read our in-depth guide to buying the best small garden shed.
Are you looking for a great small garden shed bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying small garden sheds please click here.
• Benefits of smaller garden sheds- Apart from improving the efficiency of your garden and proper organisation, a small tool shed will put everything that you need within your reach. You can erect the shed directly next to your garden so that you can easily access your seeds, tools, nutrients, soil, and all the other things that you need.
• Provide better equipment organisation- With a small garden tool shed, you’ll have a much better organisation of your garden and ensure that everything is functioning optimally. Without a good garden shed, you’ll be recalling where you left your equipment and the tools every time you need them.
• Freeing up space for your home and garage- Good small garden sheds for sell will help you keep your tools and materials in one place thereby freeing up your space and giving your gardening the cleanliness and the proficiency that it needs.
• Improving the aesthetic appeal of your home- Apart from the operational benefits of keeping your gardening things in one place, a good garden shed will also boost the overall appeal of your garden by ridding your garden of any unsightly clutter.
• It helps you keep hazardous materials- Weed killer, fertilisers, lawn feed, to name, but few ensures that the overall outlook of your garden and plants is amazing. With that in mind, these kinds of things should be kept somewhere safe every time since they are hazardous. Thankfully, with the small garden shed, you can easily solve this.
• Provide and extra storage space- There may be several things that you need to keep out of sights such as old gym equipment, unused kids toys, and much more. You can use a small garden shed to keep some of these things which may be of sentimental value to you.
• Investments- Buying a small garden shed not only adds the overall value to your property but is also some form of investment. Whether you are undecided of getting your own garden shed or not, it’s very important to keep this in mind.
How to use your garden shed
Did you know that you can use your garden shed for a purpose that’s different from storing garden equipment? Well, sheds which are used for things different from storage or storage are usually constructed to last long. There are three main types of small garden sheds, namely, wooden, metal, and plastic.
Wooden garden sheds
As one of the most durable and expensive gardens sheds in the market, small wooden garden sheds can be modified in whatever shape or design that you want. While there are some service requirements for wood, they can be done. Although experts are usually equipped to build some of the best wooden sheds if you have the right skills, you can still construct one alone. With modern trends quickly coming into the market, an aesthetic appeal should be of utmost consideration. Just as they do in their houses, people nowadays invest a lot in their sheds. Contemporary designs include the addition of automatic heating devices, solar panels, air conditions among more.
Metal garden sheds
Metal is also another commonly used small garden shed. Unlike the wooden sheds, small metal garden sheds are a bit cheaper. Although metals come with their own pros and cons, their durability depends on the kind of metal used. The reason why most people opt for modified designs is that the scope of innovation is not so much on the ready made ones. One of the best ways of modernising metal sheds is by adding windows, glass panels, and other unique elements used in homes. Sophisticated flooring paints and sophisticated flooring patterns can also be used to change a metal shed into something that looks appealing.
Although small plastic garden sheds are also there, they are less common as compared to the wooden or metal sheds. The good thing is that unlike metal or wooden sheds, they are quite cheaper. Nowadays, people incorporate various materials to modify their sheds to make them serve more functions and become more appealing.
Main uses of small garden shed
While we know that the main use of a small wooden garden shed is to store garden tools and equipment, there are many other things for which garden sheds could be used for.
Storage- Storage is perhaps the first and the most important use of garden sheds. Although some people eliminate the use of small garden shed for storage, these sheds are typically used to store garden tools which are used in the garden such as lawn mowers, flower pots, and other equipment. The larger the size of the shed, the more the number of things it can carry.
Workplace – Have you ever believed that your garden shed could also function as your workspace? Cheap small garden sheds will provide you with privacy, peace amid nature, and silence from the noise of the house. If you are a work-at-home person and you would like to catch up with some pending work, then a small garden shed can give you the best place to work. You could also go ahead and transform its interior with vibrant colours, paints, quotes, and paintings to make the perfect work place for you.
Gym – If you enjoy working out, you could also transform your small garden shed into a place where you can store your gym equipment. More so, if you have limited space within your house, you could also change them into a small gym. Instead of buying expensive gym equipment, you could just decide to do with the essentials, and you’ll just be good to go. Apart from being a way from the house, it’s a good place for keeping your gym equipment and for working out.
Playhouse – If you are looking for the best playroom for your kids, then a small garden shed could also become one. It’s not only safe within the home compound, but it will also give your kids the best chance to interact with nature. This could also be a place where they can create all the mess they want without getting into the main house.
Personal space- You could also transform your garden shed into a personal space where you can just relax and meditate over different things. A garden shed is not only quaint but will also give you the kind of privacy that you need.
How to organise, maintain and clean your small garden shed
There are several things that you can do to keep your small garden sheds more organised and neat. Here are some of the things that you can do
Add a cabinet- Cabinets will not only improve your small tools sheds, but they are also very easy to install. You can either build them alone or buy the ones that are already built. All you need to do is to hang them or place then on the ground, and they will ensure that everything remains neat.
Build a peg rail organiser – These refer to simple pegs added to your boards or walls where you can be able to hang your tools. Apart from making your shed look organised, it’s a great way to arrange a neat assortment of tools that you regularly use.
Build a small closet- If there are tools that you need to keep inside, then you can build a small closet although they are similar to the cabinets they are usually built with style.
Colour your floors- If you want to add a visual enhancement to your garden shed, then you can add some colour to the floor. By doing this, you will make you shed look clean and organised and also add some colour.
Enhance your garden shed doors- If you want to lift the visual appeal of your shed, then you can add a little style to your shed doors.
How to clean your small garden shed
1. Sort out all the clutter
If you shed has a lot of things cluttered all over, the first step towards cleaning is to sort out things. If you fill that you cannot do it alone, then you can hire the services a cleaner to do it for you. Here are some of the things that you need to do
• Remove everything outside to see everything that you have inside your shed
• Sort each item into three major groups, keep, bin and donate
• After sorting them out, concentrate on what you need.
• Make sure you wipe out of horse everything that you need to remove all the dust, any grime, and cobwebs that might have been formed.
2. Clean the inside and the outside
Once everything is outside, you need to clean the inside of your garden shed. While cleaning you should do the following
• Sweep the floor well to get rid of all the dirt and dust that has piled up.
• Hoover or brush all the cobwebs away
• Use a dry cloth to wipe t down the windows and the walls.
• You may also consider mopping the floor to remove the stains or those sticky substances.
• Use a damp cloth or a pressure wash to clean the outside.
3. Think about some of the best ways to use your shed
Once all the things are outside, and the shed is clean, you need to think about the best way to use it. Some of the things that you can do to ensure that its organised include shelves, hooks, containers, and boxes among more.
Check out today’s top 10, small garden shed deals below…
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for all garden tools and equipment, BBQ's and DIY tools
- Elegant and traditional wood effect exterior ideal for small and narrow spaces
- Floor panel with built-in ventilation ducts for air circulation and padlock hasp for optional added security
- Made out of a durable, maintenance and fade-free weather-resistant plastic; capacity: 1800 Litre
- Assembled external dimensions: (L x W x H) 94 x 128 x 196 cm; internal dimensions: (L x W x H) 88 x 111 x 193 cm
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for garden tools and equipment, BBQ and accessories and x2 120L wheelie bins
- Elegant wood effect panels that opens from the top or the front and with a lockable feature for secure closure
- Heavy-duty floor with built-in support for shelving and 845 L capacity
- Durable, weather-resistant design - no maintenance or fading
- Assembled dimensions: 130 x 74 x 110 cm (L x W x H) ; internal dimensions: 121 x 64 x 100 cm (L x W x H)
- Ideal outdoor storage solution for garden tools, equipment and x2 240 L wheelie bins
- Elegant wood affect panels with a piston-assisted lid and wide opening doors and a 1200 L capacity
- Heavy-duty floor with main door bolt and secondary foot bolt for secure closure
- Durable, weather-resistant design - no maintenance or fading
- Assembled external dimensions: 145.5 cm x 82 cm x 125 cm (L x W x H), internal dimensions: 132 cm x 76 cm x 110 cm (L x W x H)
- STYLISH SPACE-SAVING STORAGE SHED: Compact and narrow to fit the smallest of patio spaces, this wooden shed is perfect for storing your gardening essentials. The shed has a durable pressure-treated fir wood construction and comes in a choice of contemporary colours to add style to any setting.
- ROOF HATCH, SHELVES & FULL-HEIGHT SECTION: The shed contains 3 shelves and a compact roof hatch compartment to store your compost, bird feed, wellies, watering can and essentials. A full height storage area provides a perfect space for taller equipment, such as a shovel and rake.
- BARREL BOLT LOCK TO SECURELY CLOSE: The shed door features a metal barrel-bolt lock which you can padlock to keep your essentials securely stored away. It also helps to stop the door swinging open in the wind. The roof hatch contains a box latch to securely close. Please Note: Padlock not included.
- DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND THE ELEMENTS: Because the shed is pressure-treated, it's far less susceptible to rot, parasites and insects. We recommend retreating it once a year with a waterproof paint or base layer preservative. The shed's apex roof is coated with waterproof asphalt to further protect it from damp.
- FAST & EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The shed is delivered flat-packed with fixings and instructions for easy assembly. All that's required to assemble the shed is a crosshead screwdriver. Takes approximately 40 mins to assemble with a little help from a friend. Assembled size: H179.5cm x W77.5cm x D54.2cm.
- Straight cut, overlap timber board construction
- Attractive smooth-planed barge boards and decorative finial
- No windows so your possessions are not on show
- Strong door with double “Z” framing, hidden door hinges and hasp and staple latch for security (padlock not included)
- Some of our items are bulky and you will need to clear space in your garden ready for delivery. Providing its safe, our drivers will carry the product through to your garden to the space you have cleared. It is important you are in to sign for delivery.
- Material: Treated Wood with waterproof paint
- Measurements: W69.5 x D52 x H142cm
- Full assembly will be required
- Lockable storage unit
- Double ledged and braced doors
- 12mm shiplap cladding
- Tongue and groove floor
- Solid board roof
- Slim utility shed suitable for small gardens
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 770x540x1420mm
- Made of fir wood and with a tar roof
- Includes edge protection
- Stable and environmentally friendly
- When space is limited in your garden, this small garden shed is the ideal solution to house all of your garden equipment.
- Material: Wood and asphalt room
- Needs to be fully assembled
- Measurements: W69.5 x D52 x H142cm
- Perfect storage solution for smaller gardens or patio areas.
- This wooden shed is divided into two sections totalling 5 shelves.
- The roof is covered with heavy grade roofing felt and finished in eye catching blue colour.
- Dimensions: H178 x W77 x D51cm
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Top 7 tips for buying the best small garden shed
• Choose a well-designed weatherproof shed- Since your garden shed will be installed outside, it’s very important to look or a weatherproof and well-designed shed. This will not only provide you with the best appeal but will also ensure that it last long.
• Look for the best type- Whether you decide to buy wooden, metal or plastic small garden shed, make sure you select the best brand.
• Sturdiness- After some time, a weak shed is likely to develop distorted sides, a sagging roof, and a door that won’t close well. It’s, therefore, very important to check out for the sturdiness of the shed before buying one.
• The size- Although small garden sheds are generally small, you need to choose a shed that can be able to store most of your things. If the shed is to be fitted in a very confined place, it’s very important to know its dimensions before buying it. Remember, the size indicated by the supplier may not include the roof.
• Shed access- Before setting on any shed, it’s also important to ensure that those who will be using it can get access without banging their heads or tripping over the door way. You should also ensure that the door way is wide enough for them to get inside.
• Check the style of the shed- Nowadays small garden sheds come in very different styles. However, the most important styles include the pent roof sheds and apex roof shed. You should, therefore, choose a style that appeals to you.
• Choose a shed with multiple compartments- By choosing a shed with many compartments, you’ll ensure that most of your garden equipment is kept well. Since there are many sheds in the market to choose from choosing the best one should not be a problem.
That’s all about small garden sheds. When looking for the best small garden shed to buy, you need to put what you would consider inside the basket so you can review later.