The Best Robot Lawn Mowers In 2020
In the last few years, the market for robot lawn mowers has significantly grown. As prices decline and technology improves, it’s believed that it will continue to grow steadily. Since innovations continue at a fast pace, there are many new features being integrated and developed in any new model which enters the market. Although previously they were reserved for the who is who in the society, this is no longer the case. If you are haven’t seen one yet, don’t worry, we have a range for you to consider.
Are you looking for a great robot lawn mower bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying robot lawn mowers, please click here.
Benefits of the best robot lawn mower
• Cutting your lawn anytime- Probably one of the biggest advantages of the best automatic robot lawn mower is the fact you can use them to cut your lawn at a given time. Once you’ve programmed it for the number of time a week and for the time of the day, it will help you do everything from there.
• Quiet operation- Apart from programming it to work at any time of the day or the night you don’t have to worry about causing any disturbances in the neighbourhood. As compared to the traditional lawn mowers, robotic lawn mowers are very quiet.
• It comes with built-in safety features- One of the most important concerns about any motorised machine is safety. Although this may seem obvious, it’s perhaps the number one reason for using it. The best automatic lawn mower is built with sensors that will let them know if they are approaching an obstacle.
• No more heavy work- The most exciting thing about Husqvarna robotic lawn mower is that it takes the hectic work of cutting the grass. Once you make a switch to these mowers, you’ll never have to cut your lawn grass again. That’s a very good thing especially of you consider cutting grass a hectic job.
The number of times you should use your best robot lawn mower
According to robotic lawn mower reviews, the number of times that you need to use your robomower usually depends on several things. The first is the type of vegetation and the level that you want the lawn to be. Although some grass develop faster than others, all kinds of grass will definitely grow at one point. Once you plan a schedule into your Honda robot lawn mower, it will do the job accordingly. But some robot lawn mowers also have a feature that makes the work easy, especially if your grass requires an early cutting. According to most manufacturers, you should allow the robot lawn mower to perform its work every day since this will ensure that grass remains at the same height consistently.
There are also models of robot lawn mowers that do robotic lawn mowers perform effectively in all types of weather, including wet conditions. If you stay in an area that’s frequented by rain and showers, this is one of the most important features to consider. However, even if you have a robot lawn mower that’s not compatible with the wet weather condition, it will still have a feature that will take it back inside the house once it senses there is rain. The good thing about this is that you don’t have to be around all the time to monitor your lawn mower.
Do robotic lawn mowers work?
Robot lawn mowers use a mapping system. Once you’ve set up a boundary wire on the area that you want it to cover which also includes the obstacles it will work by cutting the grass around that area. Ideally, they are automatic machines that cut the grass for you by using a simple technique to ensure that the grass is cut. Here are the four main systems that make it work.
• A set of a spinning blade that’s powered by a battery and an onboard motor.
• Low power and basic computer system that allows it to use algorithms and logic to determine what path to take to ensure that the grass along its way is cut.
• Perimeter wire to provide boundary definition.
• A chassis with wheels attached to the battery and the motor that allows it to travel around.
Although no automated lawn mower is big enough to harm any animal or person that they bump into, they come with an alarm feature and an automatic shutdown feature that makes them safe especially if they hit something along the way. Amazingly, you will find this collision sensor even in the cheapest robotic lawn mower to ensure that they turn around in case they sense something. While most of them have random mow systems, some come with more planned systems that incorporate a random walk pattern that ensure that your lawn is neatly cut while still allowing it to reach all the corners of the area. Some are even fitted with a GPS that you can use to set specific patterns and paths.
If the battery power goes down to a particular level while still working the robot lawn mower will trundle back to its station to charge through a guide wire or a signal from the its base. After it’s been recharged, it will continue or stay input until the next task competes. The good thing about them is that once you’ve programmed it, you don’t need to be present. You can either preprogram it to come at night or day by day. Depending on your preference, you can rest assured that the best robot lawn mower is very quiet hence will not disturb the neighbours.
How to service and maintain the Bosch robot lawn mower
As compared to the traditional lawn mowers, robot lawn mowers require less maintenance and service requirements. Since they are mechanically simple, they have very few parts that are likely to stop working. However, there are some things that you have to do to ensure they remain in good working order. Some of these things include replacing the blades, cleaning, and storing them appropriately during winter. You also need to protect your Worx robot lawn mower from extreme weather conditions. Here are some of the ways to take care of them.
Cleaning- To prevent any buildup of grass cuttings on the moving parts of automatic lawn mower, cleaning it regularly is very important. Buildup of grass can easily affect the mobility of the lawn mower and deteriorate its cutting performance. It could also lead to extensive wear and tear, thereby shortening its lifespan. Thankfully, when it comes to cleaning, you do not need any specialised tools since the process is very simple. Once you turn off the master switch, you need to use a coarse brush to clear any grass clippings off its underside. You may also use a vacuum cleaner to suck the grass clippings out of some of the most difficult areas to clean. Once done you can use a damp cloth to clean the external surface
Replacing the blades- Once in a while, you may need to change the blades of your Flymo robotic lawnmower 1200r lawn mower. The reason why you need to change them frequently is that they depend on having very sharp blades to help them cut the grass neatly. While changing the blades, it’s very important to wear protective gear to avoid any injury that may occur. More so, once you’ve installed new blades, you need to ensure that they can turn freely.
Battery replacement and maintenance- Most robot lawn mowers use lithium batteries. Instead of the lead acid battery, it’s recommended that you but the ones that use lithium batteries. This is because they require no servicing at all. On average, lithium batteries should last at least three years before replacing them. The number of charging times or the frequency of replacement will generally be based on the size of your lawn and the number of days that it’s tuned to work. More so, because of the effect that the weather has on the operating system of the battery, you need to avoid storing the batteries in extreme weather condition.
Taking care of the best robot mower in extreme weather condition
Heat – Too much heat can hurt the functioning and the lifespan of the battery of the best robot lawn mower. Sunlight can also cause damage and discoloration to the external part of the robot lawn mower. To reduce these effects, you need to place the charging station in a shade.
Cold – Since grass can only start growing when the temperature is above 10 degrees, during winter when the temperature drops below that, it’s recommended that you keep your robot mower in a storage area.
Wind- Although these machines are relatively heavy during very high or storm winds, you need to keep it in a temporary sheltered area to protect them from any damage that may occur. This same procedure should apply when there is rain.
Do you need a professional to service your robot lawn mower?
Since the mechanical parts of some of the best robot lawn mowers are generally simple, you do not need a mechanic to service them. Regardless of their skill level, they can always be serviced and cleaned by anyone. However, there expensive robot lawn machines that can cut large areas that would certainly require the services of professional after every two years to ensure that they remain in good working condition.
Check out today’s top 10, robot lawn mower deals below…
- 18 v 1.6 Ah Lithium-ion Battery. Maximum incline within the working area: 14 °, Cutting width: 17 cm, Cutting height max: 50 mm, Cutting height: min: 20 mm.
- Working area 400 m2 +/- 20%
- Area Capacity 30 m2/hr
- Navigation system - irregular
- Charging system - automatic
- Ideal for gardens up to 1000 sq m, the ROB R1000 is a fully automatic robotic lawnmower
- Easy to install and program
- When the battery is low, ROB finds its way back to the docking station to recharge
- Working area capacity: Up to 1000 sq m
- Cutting Height, minimum-maximum: 20-50 mm
- Perfect for smaller gardens up to 300m2
- Intelligent. Smart auto scheduling
- Aia technology. Agile and faster than others.
- Configurable to your needs. Choose from five unique options
- WORX power Share. Android can share its battery with all WORX 20V cordless tools.
- Manoeuvrable, effortless & easy set up
- 500m² working area. No load Speed: 3500 RPM
- Powered by 28V Samsung lithium-ion 2Ah battery
- Easily adjustable 5 cutting heights ranging from 20-60mm
- Lift sensor, obstacle sensor, turnover sensor, tilt sensor
- Material: fir wood
- Size: 66.6 x 79.5 x 71.2 cm
- Colour: nature
- Material thickness: 2cm
- roofing felt on top
- 400m² working area suitable for city gardens
- Active Safety Ultrasonic Sensor Technology - the most advanced feature in robotic mowing
- 20V lithium-ion Samsung battery and 16cm cutting width
- Easily adjustable 3 cutting heights ranging from 20-55mm
- Additional protection with built-in sensors: lift, obstacle, turnover
- With The Robot Lawn Mower Effortlessly An Ideal Garden
- Small, Compact And Efficient - For Lawns Up To 350 M²
- Intelligent Bosch Logicut Navigation System - Is The Most Efficient Route For Mowing
- With The Software. 7 5 Can Be Better Identified And Avoided Obstacles
- Delivery: Indego 350, Battery 100 M Perimeter Wire Fixing Hooks 140, User, Charging Station, 4X Fixing Screws, 2X Cable Connections, Power Supply, Cardboard
- Außenmaße 87 x 80 x 70 cm
- Maße Eingang 67 x 51 cm
- Wandstärke 12 mm
- Material Kiefern- / Fichtenholz
- Dachabdeckung Bitumen-Dachpappe
- Fully automatic solution: The Gardena smart app enables you to control the mowing of mid-sized lawn areas (up to 750 m sq) with your fingertip
- Flexible fit: The large collar in the middle can be individually adjusted to various diameters
- Easy cleaning and storage: The mat can be folded up after use to save space and stowed in its storage bag
- Effortless work: The four carrying handles on the sides facilitate transport and emptying of the mat
- Scope of delivery includes: 1 x Gardena smart SILENO life, 1 x smart Gateway, 1 x 200 m boundary wire, 300 x hooks, 4 x couplers, 5 x connectors
- Preset working hours and rest time: robotic mowers can set working hours and rest time in advance
- Intelligent operation: The robot mower can control the wheel through the embedded intelligent software, forward, backward, left turn, right turn and other basic operations. Intelligent operation can be automatically adjusted according to different mowing methods.
- Automatic obstacle avoidance: Built-in automatic ultrasonic sensor detects obstacles in front and automatically avoids collisions. Automatically detects grass, dense, and controls the length of the cutting process.
- Electronic fence (set work area): The electronic fence and electronic component connection line can effectively control the cutting range.
- Automatic rain protection: When it rains, the robot mower will automatically return to the automatic charging mode to avoid rain. Through remote control commands, it is possible to achieve directional walking mowing, obstacle avoidance, switches and other functions.
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Top 8 tips for buying the best robot lawn mower
• Ease of use- When it comes to buying the best robot cleaner you need to choose a model that requires very little work to set up. It should be able to do its work while you just check it out once in a while.
• Slopes- While most robot lawn mowers can handle slopes and small inclines, you need to buy a robot lawn mower that can handle any incline or slope that you have on your property to ensure that the job is done well.
• Quality of the cut- Since this is the whole purpose of buying a lawn mower; you need to purchase one that can shed the grass particles into fine particles that can also act as natural composed fertilisers. Also, it should be able to produce a uniform cut that looks good all the time.
• Smart perimeter control- Based on the model or the brand that you choose, your robot lawn mower should have a GPS so that you can be able to program it to mow the lawn within the boundary. Either way, you should be sure that your best robot lawn mower is not crossing over into your neighbours territory.
• Price- Although it’s a good idea to always save money at the end of the day, you always get what you pay for. The cost of your best robot lawn mower should depend on the type of grass that you have, the size of your lawn, and the features that you need.
• Safety- Whiles it’s advisable to keep the kids and other animals away you may miss seeing them getting into all sorts of trouble. The best robot lawn mower should come with safety features that automatically stop it the moment it has flipped over or meet an obstacle.
• The weather- Your robot lawn mower should also be able to handle the weather. If your area frequently receives a lot of rain, you need to ensure that your lawn mower can be handle water.
• Noise pollution- Whether you want to cut the grass in the middle of the night or very early in the morning you should invest in a robot lawnmower that can be able to do the work without disturbing the neighbours.
There you have it. All that you need to know when looking or the best lawn mower. When you are searching for the best robot lawn mower to buy, it’s recommended that you keep any that you consider inside the basket so that you can review it later.