The Best Office Chairs In 2020
Whoa! So you’ve finally figured everything out after a long struggle and have set up your own office.
You’re over the moon with your achievement because it’s been your long-term dream, and you can’t believe the odds you beat to get here. Congratulations and welcome to the world of the sole trader. Now it’s time to set up your dream home office.
Are you looking for a great Office Chairs bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying Office Chairs, please click here.
But just before you fall over yourself with joy, grab a seat, get some coffee and some cookies and let’s delve into candid talk about your next big thing to help you run the operations of your office smoothly.
Yeah. It’s about office chairs. An office chair is a chair that is designed for use at a desk in an office. It is comfortable and adjustable and swivels 360 degrees.
Your office chairs are the first thing anyone will notice when they come to your office and have an opinion about you and your office. So make sure you have the best that there is. If you are looking for the best office chairs, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best.
Types of Office Chairs
Office chairs come in different colors, size, shapes, and types.
Here’s just a few.
• Big and Tall Chairs
• Conference Chairs
• Ergonomic Chairs
• Executive Chairs
• Guest Chairs
• Kneeling Ergonomic Chairs
• Mesh Chairs
• Petite Chairs
• Stacking Chairs
• Task Chairs
How To Maintain Your Office Chairs.
Remember you invested a considerable amount of money in those office chairs. It’s only fair that you do the best that you can to make sure they remain in a good working condition so that they can serve the intended purpose for long.
Office chairs just like any other piece of furniture undergo great wear and tear. The weight they hold on a daily and a continuous movement from one place to another does them a lot of harm by loosening its parts.
Dirt and dust that settles on it interfere with the movement of the chair. Unkept office chairs can be embarrassing especially if a visitor or an employee accidentally fall off the chair due to poor maintenance.
Trust me, This is not what you want for your company. To avoid such embarrassing moments, this is how you maintain your office chairs.
Clean them regularly
No matter what material they are made up of, cleaning your office chairs on a regular basis is a must. You can’t escape this. Cleaning helps remove dust ad grime that has accumulated over time. Your office will look neat and organized and everyone who comes in will have a high opinion of you and your business and it’s a major boost to your company.
Please Tighten those Screws and Bolts
Tighten the screws every 6 months just to make sure that the revolving chairs are moving smoothly. The most appropriate way to do this is by going through the chair thoroughly before starting. This helps to notice and verify the condition of each screw and bolt. Tighten those damn screws by turning them clockwise using the recommended tools. Replace the screws that remain loose, if any, even after your efforts to tighten them with better ones.
Keep Office Chairs Away From Direct Sunlight.
Direct sunlight can harm your chairs. It is advisable to keep them protected from the direct rays of the sun. Direct sun rays can cause the original color of your office chair to change greatly. Strive to maintain the original colour of your chairs by keeping them away from these sun direct rays of the sun and use mild soap when cleaning them. Avoid using abrasives and strong soaps and detergents.
Top tips for buying the best office chairs
Never buy an office chair without giving it much thought. Remember an average worker spends 2’300 hours per year tied to a chair in an office or other working station. It could be more. This means that the overall office productivity is determined by the choice of office chairs. Don’t compare costs only. There’s so much at stake.
In order to make that wise smart buying decision that will have a great impact on employees satisfaction and productivity that can result in big profits right away, consider the following basics when purchasing the best office chair.
Let’s now delve into each factor individually to help you get a better view and understanding.
Basically, a chair’s seat should be at least 15 to 17 inches. The seat has to be long enough to comfortably fit most of the users. The seat’s width should easily fit the user’s thighs without touching the armrest.
To be on the safe side, get a seat from manufacturers that offer office chairs with sliders and width adjustable armrests and custom seats to help accommodate even those plus size employees.
Don’t forget to put into consideration the actual workspace that a chair that will be used every day will occupy. It goes without saying that a small workspace will require a small chair to give room for flexibility. It’s only wise to choose an office chair according to the workspace you have.
• Overall Comfort. Just because an office chair looks great doesn’t mean it will feel great on you or any other user when you sit on it. Never buy an office chair before trying it because It can be a big disappointment to you and your employees if you invest in an office chair only to discover that is highly uncomfortable afterward.
It’s highly recommended to try out a wide range of office chairs before making a final decision on which to buy.
When purchasing office chairs for a variety of users, opt for two or three flexible models that will offer your employees a choice.
For an office chair that promises super lumbar support, be on the lookout for adjustability, firmness and the placement of the support.
• Base Stability. One of the most overlooked factor when buying an office chair is base stability. Simple yet fundamental, here are office chairs with wheels and the others have no wheels. For ease of movement within the work station, the ones with wheels are more ideal.
If you choose to go with the ones with wheels, you have to consider the wheel/ caster material. These materials are either plastic or metal. Get the office chair with a wheel caster made of metal as they are more durable. Metal covered casters roll greatly over carpets.
Consider too the material the base of the office chair is made off. Steel bases last long but they’re more expensive than nylon and plastic.
• Durability. You should try by all means to purchase office chairs that will serve you for long before heading back to the dealers again to replace them. Office chairs are quite an investment especially if you are outfitting an entire office. Chairs are daily workhorses so make sure you get it right from the word go.
To check out for the durability of office chairs, consider the strength and stability in chair base, seat back, armrest, caster s, foot ring, tilt mechanics, swivel system and long term seating impact.
• Eco-friendliness. If you are a guy who cares about the environment, then you would consider buying an office chair made of materials that are not harmful to mother earth. Buy chairs made from recycled materials and whos chemical emissions are close to zero.
Feel free to ask your office chair dealer which manufacturers are the best in striving to be more eco-friendly probably by using renewable energy in their factories, and struggles to minimize waste in their delivery and packaging.
• Corporate Image. Did you know that office chairs can say more about you and your business?
For example, high design high-end office chairs imply to your customers and your employees that your business is booming. That you are on another level of hustling.
If you want to show professionalism and corporate closed boardroom style, then go for leather chairs.
• Fabric. Before buying an office chair, consider whether the fabric will match the officer décor and also how well you like it. The fabric of the office chairs should be easy to clean. In this case, leather office chairs are a good choice but they are way damn expensive. Remember, leather fabric trap body heat and reduce air circulation. This can lead to stuffiness especially if the workspace is small and not well ventilated.
On the other hand, cloths fabrics are breathable and don’t trap any body heat. They are also less expensive but they’re hard to keep clean. Now when you get to a juncture such as this one, buy office chair according to what matters to you most.
• Ergonomics. Office chairs should be designed in a way that gives you and your employee’s maximum comfort. Let it sink into your system that you’ll be spending more than seven hours a day for at least five days in a week tied to that office chair in your work station. That’s a lot way much time spent just sitting and rotating on your office chair. Sitting for long hours at a time can lead to related work injuries and sickness.
A good office chair should help reduce pressure on several nerves of the spinal cords, thus limiting the chance of muscular and nerve diseases. They should also help maintain the correct body posture.
The best office chairs should align the wrists, forearms lower back, the neck and the head in the proper positions thus reducing back pain and job related musculoskeletal diseases. The easiest way to begin your search for appropriate office chairs, look out for a chair that is adjustable in terms of height( ranging between 16 inches) and seat tilt( ranging at least 5 degrees forward and backward). See also whether the seat can be adjusted when someone is sitting on it.
• Contouring and Padding. Put into consideration that most office chair users like the ones that can swivel 360 degrees with little or no effort. Be keen to invest in an office chair that has most of the above features and you’ll have fewer problems with your back.
Ergonomic specialists highly recommend office chairs that have padded edges on all sides and a rounded front edge to prevent the blood circulation of a user to flow to their legs.
When purchasing an office chair, look for padding designed in a way that allows air circulation. The chair should be firm enough because those that are too soft are likely to cause muscle strain and fatigue.
Armrests should be a bit soft though.
A great office chair should fit the user’s unique body shape. Be keen to test them before you make that final decision that will be critical to your organization.
Check out today’s top 10 Office Chairs deals below…
- PU leather office chair with recline function. Seat back can be adjusted INDEPENDENTLY and locked in tilted position.
- Amply padded including the arms for superior comfort. Finished with matching black stitching. Height Adjustable. 360° Swivel pneumatic seat.
- Seat Back Height = 75cm Seat Back Width = 53cm. Seat Base Width = 55cm Seat Base Depth = 53cm. Seat Height floor to top of seat back (Adjustable) 112 cm to 122 cm. Seat Depth x Seat Width: 50cm x 50cm.
- Flat packed. Easy to assemble.Max. weight capacity: 250 lbs (113 KG).
- This item cannot be shipped to Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands & Highlands, Channel Islands and other offshore isles.
- ERGONOMIC OFFICE CHAIR: upholstered in rich faux leather with well-padded backrest, seat and armrests; LANGRIA mid-back office chair with a professional and executive look provides day-long comfort without feeling back pains
- TILT WITH 1 POSITION LOCK: you can lock the chair in an upright position at 90° by pushing the lever in; pull the lever out to unlock and recline from 90° to 105°
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE SEAT HEIGHT: a pneumatic gas lift system enables you to easily adjust the height of the seat by flipping the lever up under the seat, and the tilt tension control knob can be rotated to accommodate different size/weight users
- FLEXIBLE AND CONVENIENT: this office chair with a 360-degree swivel offers a versatile range of motion; and the 4 smooth casters make it easy to roll around your room as needed, allowing for multi-tasking convenience
- DURABLE AND SAFE TO USE: this office chair is sturdy to support up to 264 lbs of evenly distributed weight; the tilt mechanism meets the BIFMA standards while its heavy duty nylon legs and nylon casters increase safety and stability
- Fast shipping:Ship from England with 2-5 working days.
- HIGH QUALITY:Constructed with High quality Pu Leather,easy to clean,wearproof and durable.Heavy-duty steel base and 5 flexible high quality castors,360-degree swivel
- ERGONOMIC: the curved contours design with high-elasticity sponge,stylish and keep comfortable for long time work.
- Desk chair seat size: 49 x 38 x 35cm, Adjustable height 71 to 81cm.The static bearing load capacity is 120 kg
- Easy to assemble(You can contact us at any time if you are not satisfied with our product or service, and our after-sale service will help you deal with it in time.)
- 【Ergonomic Design】 The one-piece widened ergonomic-human-curve backrest and headrest provide effective support for the head and shoulder, which is very friendly for people with cervical and lumbar complaints. In addition, we offer a headrest pillow that you can put on your head or waist for better support.
- 【Fully Adjustable Office Chair】You can move the small pillow for neck support or to strengthen lumbar support. 8cm seat height adjustment and the lumbar support can be adjusted up and down 3 cm. The backrest of the ergonomic office chair can be tilted to 90-150°and locked the position at the range. Then find your ideal position!
- 【Comfortable and Breathable】This mesh office chair (50 cm wide) is wider than an average office chair. With PU padded armrests and 9cm high density sponge seat, this home office chair offers soft support to your arms and a comfortable sitting experience. Skin-friendly mesh backrest allows better air circulation to keep your back cool.
- 【Robust and Durable】】 360 degree swivel, made of high-grade aluminum alloy base and noiseless casters, the heavy duty office chair has been certified by BIFMA and SGS, enough to bear the weight of 150 kg. Durable polyester mesh and a whole sponge cushion will last for a long time.
- 【Advantages】With large backrest and seat: Backrest: 19.7" x 30.3". Seat size: 19.7" x 20.9". Suggested height under 6'1". This office chair mesh is guaranteed for 24 months. And it is easy to assemble in 10-20 minutes.
- Full relax and comfort with a good design chair when working or playing games, no more aches or pains when you sit on it for hours.
- Multiple adjustments on every single parts, seat back recline to luxurious 135 degree position and rock it to your weight.The height and angle of armrests can be adjusted individually.You can lift the chair to the height you need.
- Ergonomic curve and shape with lumbar support, your perfect partner and weapon during a competitive game racing.
- Easy assembly, it takes no more than 10 minutes to assemble this chair if followed detailed instruction manual.
- 100% Quality Guarantee, 30 days of free return warranty, contact us via email any problems. Buy it without risk.
- Stylish yet comfortable mesh back chair with tilt adjustable back rest, padded seat and integral arms for added support and comfort
- Adjustable tilt and height mechanism means you can find the perfect position for your working needs. A torsion control knob allows you to adjust the tilt tension to your body weight
- The quality of the gas lift is important in determining the longevity of the height adjustment feature. This chair has a Class 4 chrome gas lift which is the highest quality available
- Supplied with instructions for simple self-assembly
- Dimensions: Seat (w x d:) 48 x 46 cm, seat back (w x h): 45 x 57.5 cm, arm width 55 cm, seat height 46.5 to 56 cm
- Swivel Chair / Seat and Armrest Material is PU Leather / Adjustable Height between 106 cm – 116 cm/ Tilt and Upright Lock Function.
- Heavy Duty Gas Lift / Strong Nylon Castors / UK Fire Retardant / Package Dimensions : 79 x 32.5 x 63cm
- Our Millhouse luxury recliner office chair is made with high quality PU leather with extra thick padding to ensure total comfort. This chair has been made for extra comfort allowing you to sit for long periods. You can easily adjust the chair with its adjustable height lever and tilt and upright lock function. For upmost comfort our chair has been finished with luxurious PU leather armrests. This Millhouse executive recliner chair is a luxurious addition to any office.
- This executive office chair is made to be used for long hours, helping you to complete your work without any discomfort. These chairs will certainly add presence to your office and allow you to sit with a comfortable posture all day. This chair also has a wonderful tilt feature - take a few minutes to relax on your well-padded chair in the middle of a hectic day. Lastly, this chair has a brilliant 360 swivel feature – allowing to position conveniently.
- Our office chair will arrive to you safely in a well packaged box. To ensure the best quality, always buy a Millhouse branded chair. The box will come with the brand name Millhouse printed on the box when you receive it.
- Smart Design* Plush cushions on back rest made lumbar support without manual controls. Waterfall front edge on the adjustable seat will reduce sitting stress bring supreme comfort as you sit on it.
- Workmanship* Frame, five-star base and arms constructed from injection moulded ensure safety, great stability. Comes with full instructions and fitting hardwares.
- Upholstery* High-quality breathable faux leather looks and feels like real leather adds the benefits of a synthetic material.
- Seat Height adjustable: 40-50 cm; Seat Width & Depth: 47 x 45 cm; Chair Width: 57 cm; Backrest Height: 50 cm; Weight Capacity: 100 KG
- Easy to assemble.Easily Cleaned And Fade Resistant.
- Good Mesh Back Ventilation: the premium fabric mesh backrest allows air circulation all year round to prevents the accumulation of body heat and moisture
- Lumbar Weary Released by Correcting Bad Postures: when clinging to the chair back, your back will be supported by a stretchy while strong lumbar and curved back, which helps you developing a good habit of sitting
- Foldable Armrests: fold armrests when don't need them so you can keep your posture typing close to the desk, the keyboard can be as close to your chest as possible, ignoring the height of the desk or keyboard support
- Rest for Your Neck & Back: high back design are ideal for a midday rest. This desk chair with headrest, backrest & neckrest can be a great feature when you lean back to have a little break to release your fatigue body
- Durable While Fits All Circumstances: plastic injection molding back frame, 360 swivel castors, adjustable and locked upright height, tilt function without backward locking. Functional while reflects quality
- 【Functionality Office Chair】Adjustable headrest for support of head to effectively protect your neck. This mesh office chair with armrest and seat height adjustable means you can find the perfect position to ensure you a pain-free day for long hour sitting.
- 【Improve Your Posture】Featuring reliable curved contours and integrated lumbar support, the ergonomic chair is designed to provide optimal lumbar support and keep your spine properly aligned, keeping you a healthy sitting posture while working.
- 【Reclining and Lock Function】The office chairs with arms can be tilted at 100-135 degrees and locked the position at any angle. And the tilt tension knob underneath the seat can adjust the tension of recline according to different size users.
- 【Comfortable and Reliable】Made of premium and skin-friendly fabric mesh backrest, and with 9cm high-density sponge-filled cushion, the office chairs have good ventilation and will not deform after long-term use. The gad rod with BIFMA/ SGS certification ensures safety during usage.
- 【Perfect Gift Idea】360 degree swivel, made of heavy-duty noiseless casters, its explosion-proof base plate with 5-star base increase safety and stability. Maximum capacity up to 135kg. Easy assembly and 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Because mostof us live such busy lives such that we spend more time sitting on our office chairs than we do sleeping on our beds, It’s advisable to invest in good office chairs that will give you maximum comfort.
A good office chair can enable you to wake up every morning fresh and full of energy, eager to get things done. If you sit on uncomfortable office chair for long, it’ll give you nagging back pain.
Bad sitting position hinders the blood circulation in the body and allows for clots to form, which can have a fatal outcome. Invest in a good chair and reduce the pressure on your muscles from sitting down which will let the blood to flow through the body without any hindrances.
Good office chairs will give a great sense of pride and satisfaction. Whenever you take a look at them, you’ll feel that you are headed in the right direction. You’ll attract admiration from your visitors and employees.
As you have already discovered by now, there’s more to office chair than just a price tag. Strive to get the best office chairs and save yourself and your employees a lot of backpain and chiropractic bills. If you are looking or the best office chairs, it’s a handy tip to keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later.