The Best Oak Chest of Drawers In 2020
If you have an organisation spree or a big spring clean planned for the bedroom, an easy to use, spacious chest of drawers can greatly help. Although the traditional choices are wood, pine and oak, often with handcrafted elements, oak is still one of the best. The best oak drawers will not only give you somewhere to store your accessories and clothes but also provide a surface to put things on.
Are you looking for a great oak chest of drawers bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying oak chest of drawers furniture, please click here.
However, with so many sizes and styles choosing the best one can be a bit hard. If you are looking for the best oak chest of drawers click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best ones.
Benefits of the best chest of drawers
• Maintenance. Nobody wants to spend a lot of time on their drawers once they’ve installed it. The good news is that with oak chest of drawers, youwill only need to polish them at most two times a year. As compared to other chest of drawers, solid oak chest of drawers willlast long with very little maintenance.
• They can be useful in keeping a number of things. The best light oak drawers can play a very important role in keeping a number of things. For instance, you can use them to keep utensils, sharp knives, tools, board games, toys and video cds.
• They can provide you with additional space. If you are looking for additional space, then a good chest of drawers cheap can surely do the trick. Apart from ensuring that your documents are kept in an organized way, you can also use them for keeping your books or for displaying things.
• Choices. Since oak material is versatile,
• Appearance. Although the look of oak is traditional and classic, they can work well with range of materials. Apart from looking nice these large oak chest drawers won’t rust or fade easily. As a matter of fact, some of them even look better as they continue to age. They will,therefore, bring a rustic and warm look into your bedroom.
• Strength. Unlike other materials, lime oak chest of drawers is strong and durable. Although there are cheap alternatives, oak is materials that will definitely last long without diminishing in strength. They can even resist most scratches and surface stains since it’s one of the best pieces of wood.It’s, therefore, ideal for anyone who has pets or kits that might play with the material.
The best oak chest of drawers sizes
When it comes to sizes there are three main type of antique oak chest drawers. These include the standard, the tall boy, and wide chests.
The tallboy. This is name given to the best small oak chest of drawers that are both narrow and tall. Although they appear to be smaller because of their height they can be used to store so many things. The main advantage of having this oak chest of drawers is the fact that they normally take very little space. To maximize storage in your bedroom combining your wardrobe with this oak chest drawers is the best thing that you can do. This is because they normally take advantage of the vertical space in the room.
The wide. Although the tall boy oak chest of drawers normally provides enough storage for those who don’t have enough space, if you have enough space in your house then wide chest of drawers are the best. While they can be as wide as some of the biggest wardrobes they do not come with substantial amount of storage space for those who are looking for big storage space. If you have plenty of cloths and space then they might be the most ideal chest of drawers.
The standard. When we talk about the best standard painted oak chest of drawers then we are basically taking about between 3 and 4 chest of drawers. These drawers can either be of the same width or just couple of drawers laid on top of one wide drawer. They may also be referred to as 2 over 3 where 2 narrow chests of drawers have been laid on top of 3 wide ones.
Where to buy oak chest of drawers UK
Although previously every street used to have furniture store, this is not anymore. The best place to find antique oak chest of drawers for sale nowadays is actually online. Thankfully, as compared to before the range of options that are nowadays there are far more than before. As matter of fact, consumers are nowadays spoilt for choice when it comes to looking for the best oak chest drawers for sell. So how do you decide where to buy the best oak chest of furniture online? Well some of things that you need to consider include huge range, competitive prices, fully assembled, solid wood, finance, and great delivery.
Taking care of your modern oak chest of drawers
Buy furniture that has been made from kiln dried wood. Opting for solid oak chest drawers for sale that has been kiln dried will ensure that you have the right humidity levels and that you’ll run into the risk of cracks and shrinks that’s quite common in most wood furniture
Read the maintenance instructions. Since any wood material that you purchase must be treated differently, the first step is to carefully read the maintenance manual originating from the manufacturer.
Wax your oak chest of drawers. After every six months you need to wax your oak chest furniture especially if you want to nourish and form a long lasting seal on it. After waxing it leave the wax for at least five minutes then remove it by buffing. Although regular wear and tear may significantly affect your furniture, regular waxing will condition and create hard wearing protective seal that not only repels water but also retains its optimum levels.
By using natural wax such bee wax you’ll let the beauty of your oak chest of drawers speak for itself. However, if you are playing it for the first time you need to try it out on the underside of tge furniture first so you can ensure that it’s what you want. Here are some things to keep in mind when waxing your oak chest of furniture.
• Before waxing the furniture ensure that the surface is free of dust.
• Apply the wax sparingly using soft piece of cloth while following the direction of the grain so as to avoid creating air pockets. To minimize streaking and for continuity of color make sure the wax blends evenly.
• Allow the wax to dry for five minutes and then use another piece of cloth to buff it.
Consider striping the wood. If your oak chest of drawers has severe staining then you need to consider striping the wood. Before striping it consider the type of protective coverings that are on it.
Seal the surface. If the surface is not sealed well your pine oak chest of drawers is likely to absorb dust. You therefore need to consider sealing the surface. To get a beautiful finish you need to consider using a penetrating oil finish. Since there is variety of these oils on the market it’s important to choose the one that works well for you.
Clean the wood. If your oak chest of drawers has been sealed and finished well then simply wipe it with a clean piece of damp cloth. To protect the wood make sure you always used a soft piece of clothing every time you are wiping it. However, you need to avoid cleaning the wood with the common household cleaners.
Where to position your oak chest of furniture
When it comes to positioning your dark oak chest of drawers UK make sure there is gap of at least 25mm between the furniture and the wall. This will not only allow air flow but also ensure that the furniture remains at more stable temperature so as to prolong its life. To prevent fading of the wood avoid placing the furniture in direct sunlight. Remember, constant heat may end up drying out the furniture and make the joints open up.
On the same note you need to avoid positioning your golden oak chest of drawers in conservatories where it’s common to have extreme temperatures. More so,unless specifically advise you should avoid placing your oak chest of furniture outside. Although, just like other furniture your oak chest of furniture might be affected by structural movement you need to avoid excessive movement as this can mean that the furniture is not placed in the best position.
Check out today’s top 10 oak chest of drawers deals below…
- Waxed Oak. The Marlborough Oak 4+2 Drawer Chest has a 30mm chunky top, clean lines and a sumptuous waxed finish
- Solid American White Oak & Veneers
- Dovetail Jointed Drawers
- Fully Assembled
- Dimensions: 44cm x 83cm x 107.5cm
- Solid Oak, Oak Veneers & Hardwood Internals
- Fully Built - No Assembly Required
- Lacquer Finish - Light Oak - Maintenance Free
- Dovetail Jointed Drawers
- Dimensions: W:85cm H:90cm D:38cm
- Supplied flat packed and requires self assembly in the home
- Dimensions: Height 88.5 x Width 66.8x Depth 33 cm
- Plastic Runners
- Wide Tall Chest of Drawers
- Grey Plastic Handle
- FULLY ASSEMBLED - NO HASSLE: This item comes pre-assembled which means the minute you unpack from the box, you can slot straight into position in your bedroom
- MATERIALS: With a natural oiled finish this item is handmade from a mixture of oak, oak veneer and solid wood internals to add a contemporary edge to your bedroom
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: This product is made with modern dove-tail joints and is beautifully finished with rounded corners and a thin t-bar metal handle - Natural light wood tone
- GREAT DESIGN AND STORAGE: Storage space with a total of 4 drawers. The chest has 4 large drawers suitable for all your clothes - its taller, narrower frame makes it more suitable for smaller bedrooms
- DIMENSIONS: 4 Drawer Chest Size: W70cm x H95cm x D40cm - Drawer Size: W53cm x H15cm x D31cm - if any other measurements are required, please contact Oak City for more info
- 5 drawer chest of drawers from the Laura James furniture range
- Dimensions: W:75cm (26") H:90cm (35") D:36cm (14").
- Drawer depth: 28.5cm (11")
- MDF board with laminate coating, requires assembly
- Metal runners and handles
- Modern oak-laminated bedroom chest
- White-coloured drawers (2 big, 3 small)
- Complements the oak finish beautifully
- 4cm thick legs for strength and stability
- Size (cm): H71 x W100 x D39
- 4 Drawers
- Silver effect plastic handles
- Oak Finish
- Supplied flat packed and requires self assembly
- Standard delivery is to any UK mainland addresses (with the exception of the following postcode pre-fixes: PA, PH, AB, IV and KW). For delivery to any of the previous exceptions listed or to a UK Island, Nothern Ireland or Rep. Ireland please contact us for a price of delivery. We also reserve the right to cancel any orders to a non-standard delivery address.
- Solid Oak Frame (Top, Drawers And Legs Etc. ) With Oak Veneered Panels
- Ready Built And Ready To Use, No Assembly Required, Good Storage Space
- Width: 118Cm Height: 77Cm Depth: 42Cm
- Finished With Heard Wearing Water Resistant Lacquer (Wipe Clean) And Long Lasting Brushed Stainless Steel Handle
- 7 x Solid oak good sized drawer box constructed with dovetail joints
- Waxed Oak
- Solid American White Oak & Veneers
- Dovetail Jointed Drawers
- Fully Assembled
- Dimensions: 44cm x 83cm x 89cm
- Product size: W 80 x D 40. 5 x H 73. 5 cm approx
- Product Material: Pine wood
- Product cleaning instructions: wipe with a dry cloth
- Product colour: natural oak
- Product brand: Vida Designs
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Top tips for buying the best oak chest of furniture
• Budget. Although many people tend to avoid 3 drawer oak chest of drawers because they think that it’s not worth their money, this should not be the case. So, before anything else you need to consider the amount of money that you intend to spend on your oak chest of furniture. Thankfully, if you are on budget there are several options that you can always choose from.
• Know your rooms dimension. If you want to avoid those embarrassing moments when the delivery man has just arrived but has been unable to move your 3 over 4 oak chest of drawers inside the house then you need to check out the dimensions before buying the furniture.
• Quality. You also need to check that the oak chest of drawers that you are buying has the best build quality that you need and matches what you are paying or. If you are purchasing your chest of drawers from show room then ask the sales assistant to give you the details of how the drawers were made.
• Style and color. Depending on your tastes and preferences you also need to choose the color that you need. This will ensure that you end up with furniture that you can use for a very long time.
• The accessories that come with it. Whether its oak chest of drawers or any other washed oak chest of drawers there are accessories that always come with them. You, therefore, need to know the accessories especially the number of drawers that come with it.
That is everything that you need to know about the best oak chest of drawers. If you are shopping for one, it’s a handy tip to put any that you consider in your basket so you can review later on.