The Best Long Reach Hedge Trimmers In 2020
As long as they are neat and tidy, hedges will always look spectacular and welcoming. However, maintaining them this way will require an amount of regular work. Thankfully, with the best long reach trimmer, looking after your garden and hedges should be a breeze. Although they are just like other hedge trimmers, the best long reach trimmer makes it easy to cut both long and low hedges with very little effort. Apart from this, they also eliminate the need to use a ladder, since you’ll be able to work faster regardless of the angle or height.
Are you looking for a great long reach hedge trimmer bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying long reach hedge trimmers, please click here.
Since they work much better than other hedge trimmers, they are not only popular but also available in different brands and models. So, if you are looking to trim a tall hedge then a telescopic or cordless long hedge trimmer is the answer. Since some hedges are so tall that you can’t cut them using the normal hedge trimmer, you need one. Coming with extendable or fixed shafts, the Bosch long hedge trimmers will allow you to cut the side of hedge up to the head height. The good thing is that you can set the blade above different angels to cut the top while even standing.
Benefits of long beach head trimmer
• High Reach. One of the biggest advantages of lightweight, long reach trimmers is that the fact that it allows you to cut then hedges that are potentially difficult to cut with the other trimmers. Apart from that, you can also reach those places from the ground. This makes it safer than all the standard hedge trimmers as you will remain standing firmly on the ground while trimming.
• Variety. Just like other hedge trimmers, the best long reach trimmer for sale come in a variety. This means you can always choose the long reach trimmer battery operated that you prefer. This way, even with the extended added weight, you can always work for long. There are also other trimmers that you can put at an angle so that you can trim the hedges that you could not trim with other trimmers.
• Less strain. Another advantage of battery-powered long reach trimmer is that you’ll be able to trim the hedges with less strain. You won’t have to worry about straining or standing on the tips of your toes to trim. They will provide you with an easier method of taking care of those hedges.
• You will receive safe cash. Calling in a professional to trim your hedges is not only frustrating but also expensive. Although buying an extra long reach trimmer is costly at the onset, in the long run, it’s likely to be cost effective than hiring someone to trim your hedges on your behalf.
Do you need a long hedge trimmer?
One of the best things about these hedge trimmers is that they allow you to comfortably cut the sides of hedge up to even 2.5 m tall. Also, in case the hedge is not too thick, they can also allow you to cut the top of the hedge of almost the same size. While you may be able to cut the top of the hedge with the normal hedge trimmers, if you cannot get a stable platform or ladder, then you need to opt for the Eckman long hedge trimmer. If you cannot do the work alone, then you need to consider engaging a professional to help you do the work.
What you need to note about long reach trimmers
When you have the normal hedge trimmer to cut you hedges, the heaviness of the machine is next to you. But when you are using black and decker cordless long hedge trimmer, the heaviness is far away at the handle. This can make them it appear a bit heavier, particularly when you are using petrol long hedge trimmer or cordless hedge trimmer. To help with the issue of weight most long hedge trimmers have a sling that you can use to reduce the weight.
As a young person, you’ll find that you can comfortably use 4 stroke long hedge trimmer just as you would other normal hedge trimmers. Since aged persons may feel the heaviness, the best path to take is to work in bits instead of trimming your hedges for an extended period. If you are using them for the first time, you’ll be surprised at the amount of work that you can do with the best petrol powered long hedge trimmers. As compared to paying someone else to cut your hedge, buying the best long reach trimmer is more affordable.
Types of telescopic hedge trimmers
Just like other types of hedge trimmers, there are three main types of telescopic hedge trimmers with each one coming with its pros and cons.
Corded long hedge trimmers
Although the technology is quickly going wireless, a handy electric long hedge trimmer still has a place especially for those who have small land or for older people. Apart from being light and quiet, these hedge trimmers are also very powerful consistent and much more cheaper than the Stihl hla 65 cordless telescopic reach hedge trimmer or the cordless telescopic hedge trimmers. Also, instead of charging them every now and gain they work once you’ve plugged them on.
Cordless long hedge trimmer
The best thing about cordless trimmers for the hedge is that they do not have a cord. On the flipside, their main drawback is that you must constantly keep them charged and understand that they always have a limit through which they can work. However, since you can always buy a spare battery, these limits should not disturb you at all. Since they have to hold the batteries, cordless long hedge trimmers are always a lot heavier than the corded. But as compared to the petrol powered telescopic hedge trimmers, they are lighter and easier to use. Although they are not that powerful, they are good quality long hedge trimmers.
Petrol long hedge trimmers
Unlike the above two, petrol powered long trimmers are heavy, large and noisy. This means even if you have a sling, they are still a bit hard to use. More so, because they can attract dust, they need constant maintenance. It’s also important to ensure that you use fill right petrol. Otherwise, they might easily get damaged. However, the reason why some gardeners still prefer them is that they are perhaps the strongest telescopic hedge trimmers currently in the market. This means if you are surrounded by tough hedges that need cutting regularly, they are the best ones to use.
Common malfunctioning issues of telescopic hedge trimmers
Some of the most common malfunctioning issued concerning long hedge trimmers include running tough, starting then stopping abruptly, not starting properly, among others.
• The best long hedge trimmer won’t start. One of the major causes of this is defective spark plugs. If this is the case, you need to examine the devices, plug system to see whether it’s in good working condition or if it’s been damaged. You can always use a spark tester to determine this.
• The best hedge trimmer runs rough. A clogged carburetor is one of the culprits that are likely to cause these machines to run rough. When this happens, it turns to be very sticky and clogs the fuel filter, which in turn gives the engine a lot of grief. To solve this, you can either replace the fuel filter or drain the old fuel.
• Starting abruptly, then stopping. A clogged carburetor may also make the engine to start and stop abruptly. By purchasing a carburetor test kit, you’ll get the most important tools that you need to fix a defective carburetor. Apart from the carburetor a clogged arrester screen may also lead to the engine starting and stopping. If the screen arrester is clogged, you need to remove it and clean it well. If this fails to work, then you should take your best long reach hedge cleaner to professional or simply replace the spark arrester.
• Blades are not turning. When the blades are not turning properly, then you clutch may either been damaged or just needs tensioning. Unless you are armed with enough knowledge in this area, fixing a broken clutch is always not practical.
• The best long hedge trimmer runs but does not cut. When debris such as huge volumes of grass or twigs built up over time, they may clog the trimmer. When this happens, you need to turn the trimmer off, clean the debris and the blade, before greasing the cutters with some light oil.
• The motor of the best telescopic hedge trimmer overheating. When you push your trimmer through a heavy bush, there may be a shortage of air flow. The only solution that you can use in this is to shut off the long reach hedge trimmer to allow it to cool down.
Check out today’s top 10, long reach hedge trimmer deals below…
- The Universal tools from Bosch, versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
- Work without interruption and achieve clean cuts thanks to the electronic anti-blocking system
- Power for all: One battery pack and one charger for the entire home and garden range of tools
- Items included: UniversalHedgePole 18, 1 battery, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- Powerful 600W hedge trimmer with dual action 45cm precision blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 20mm thick. Includes an adjustable and removable telescopic pole that extends up to 2.8m
- Distinctive with a grey, black & orange colourways, the trimmer offers 6 angle head adjustment positions for precise horizontal and vertical cutting
- Ergonomically designed – weight: 5.2Kg. Ensuring good balance and a safe working position is key to comfortable operation. Adjust the pole length and use the auxiliary handle & shoulder strap for added support. For further information please refer to your instruction manual.
- Features a two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and a hand protector shield. Blade cover and cable holder for neat storage when not in use. Size: L108 X W17 X H32cm
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Tillable cutting head for ergonomic working
- Blade made of laser-cut and diamond ground steel
- Adjustable, extendable aluminium telescopic handle (50 cm)
- Shoulder strap with quick release, length of telescope bar is 2000 mm - 2500 mm
- Sturdy cutter guard for storage and transportation
- 20V CORDLESS POLE HEDGE TRIMMER: This NETTA 20V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer is the perfect solution to your garden maintenance needs. Boasting a multi-angle head which can be locked into several positions and a telescopic pole which extends to 2.4m, this tool will make light work of your garden.
- POWERFUL AND VERSITILE: The powerful 20V motor combined with 51cm laser-cut diamond blades the hedge trimmer can tackle branches up to 14mm thick. The multi-angle head can be locked into several positions across a 30° and 150° angle, making it ideal for both horizontal and vertical cutting jobs.
- SAFE AND ERGONOMIC: This product features a two-way safety switch to prevent accidental dangerous operation. The soft grip handles and comfortable shoulder harness ensure that you remain comfortable and in control whilst using this product.
- DIMENSIONS: Carton Size: 101cm x 15.5cm x 17.5cm | WEIGHT: 3.2kg
- WARRANTY: We aim to give the best customer service possible. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 365-day warranty. This gives you peace of mind when purchasing a product from us.
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.75m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cuts branches up to 16mm in thickness.
- POWERFUL HIGH PERFORMANCE: At 550W the Electric Hedge Trimmer fantastic for a range of trimming tasks around your garden and outdoors. Lightweight design with new soft grip rubber handles gives complete mobility and comfortable operation. Due to the powerful 550W motor providing you with smooth continuous use. (A great alternative to petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 4 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. Weighing at just over 3.5Kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. The Hedge Cutter Electric comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Corded Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. Electrical Cable 10m. PLUG IN AND GO: Due to the garden tool coming complete with a 10m electric cable with a UK 3 pin plug you can start to trim your bush straight away.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek Electric Corded Hedge Cutter for your added peace of mind. If you feel you would prefer a cordless hedge trimmer please see our other Hedge Cutter listing type the following in the Amazon search bar - B079SG2DXR.
- ONE BATTERY FITS ALL! Fully Compatible with all other products in the VonHaus 20V Max. Lithium-ion G Range - Hedge Trimmer, Telescopic Hedge Trimmer, Grass Trimmer & Leaf Blower
- Powerful 20V Max. Pole Trimmer with 45cm dual-action laser cut blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 14mm thick
- Multi-angle head can be set to positions across a -45 - 90° spectrum for precise horizontal and vertical cutting. Telescopic pole extends to 2.44m. Trimmer weighs 3.8kg
- Two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use. Features a soft grip handle and shoulder strap for comfortable use
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Loop handle long reach cordless petrol hedgetrimmer with 44 cm blades and aluminium coupling on the split shaft which enables easy storage
- No electric cable or battery required as the pole hedge cutter is powered by a 25.4cc engine featuring a primer bulb and choke
- Featuring 440 mm double reciprocating blades with 150° of articulation over 12 positions, allowing you to cut your hedge easily and comfortably. The single strap harness provides increased comfort for the user, especially during long periods of use
- The Mitox range of petrol hedge trimmers,will provide you with a product suitable for all hedge trimming tasks, from the standard handheld trimmer, to the long reach hedge cutter for maintaining tall hedges around your property. With products designed for trimming hedges at home, through to the commercial user who demands the best quality, power and reliability from their hedge trimmer, you can be sure to find the perfect machine for the job.
- Easily cuts through hedges and branches
- 45cm diamond ground blades for clean cutting
- Capable of cutting large branches with 18mm blade gap
- 115 degrees articulating cutting head with 4 positions for versatile trimming
- Removable extension shaft for full length of 2.9m for extended reach tasks
- Includes Blade sheath, shoulder strap
- Part of the ONE+ system-sold as a zero tool, without battery and charger
- Rotating head; Cut with a range of 180 degrees
- Shoulder strap; A comfortable shoulder strap is included to make trimming easier
- Extendable; Incredible reach of up to 2.5 metres
- Multiple safety feature; Safety button, front handle locking knob, blade cover, position lock lever and harness strap
- Guarantee; 24-month guarantee
- 50cm (20") Cutting Length
- 16mm Cutting Capacity
- Extendable Shaft
- 45 Minute Run Time
- Supplied c/w 20v 2Ah Battery & Charger, Weight 3.4kg
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com - Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
To tips for buying the best long hedge trimmer
• The size of the fence. Before buying the best long reach hedge trimmer, you need to know how tall your hedge is. You might tend to imagine that having long reach hedge trimmer would be appropriate, but in some instances, you just need to a particular hedge trimmer to be able to trim your hedge.
• Blade. The blade of the best long reach hedge trimmer is also another thing that you can’t afford to overlook. The size of the blade will generally determine how effective your telescopic hedge trimmer will work.
• Consider manoeuvrability. When it comes to manoeuvrability, there are two basic features that you need to consider. Since the branches can get very thick and strong for the blades to handle the shaft and the cutting head will help you to manoeuvre around.
• Ease to use. One thing that you don’t want when trimming your hedges, is painful muscles. This can always be caused by using a heavy machine. You, therefore, need to look for a machine whose handles are positioned and designed well to give you a better balance.
• Budget. When it comes to the budget, you are the only person who can set the limit. Depending on how much money you are willing to spend, you can either get a top notch telescopic hedge trimmer or a cheap one. It’s, therefore, important to know the quality that’s being offered and make a good decision.
• Warranty. Although warranties tend to vary, most models usually come with a warranty of up to 1 year with the most expensive ones going for even three years.