The Best Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
Despite what the name suggests, a full suspension mountain bike is for more than just the mountains. Designed mainly for off-road use, full suspension mountain bikes have some similarities with other types of bikes, but they incorporate other strategic features that are meant to enhance their performance and durability in rough terrain. Typically, they include a full suspension, light frame, durable wheels, large knobby tires, powerful brakes and lower gears that are meant for climbing steep terrains. But what is a full suspension mountain bike?
Are you looking for a great full suspension mountain bike bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying full suspension mountain bikes, please click here.
A gt full suspension mountain bike comes with a suspension that’s connected to the rear and the front wheels of the bike. This suspension system not only allows for travel but also help absorb any hard impact from the terrain, thereby reducing the impact on the rider and improving comfort and traction as well. Since the suspension ensures that the wheels are kept on the ground, the harder the terrain, the more the suspension needed. Based on the intended purpose of the bike, travel will generally range from 80mm to 200 mm
For instance, a mens full suspension mountain bike is built to go down technical tracks and downhill as fast as possible. This means they come with a huge amount of suspension to provide additional support and traction. On the other hand, cross country bikes need to be efficient and light to pedal to allow you to typically cover a 100 mm travel with a lot of ease. More so many suspensions allow riders to lock the suspensions and render the shocks ineffective thereby saving energy and reducing the movement which is much more ideal for riding on the road to the terrain head or climbing back up to the top. If you are looking to buy the best womens full suspension mountain bike, click here to read our in-depth review.
Benefits of the best full suspension mountain bike
Although both the best full suspension mountain bike under 2000 and the hardtail bikes have their place in the world of biking, the full suspension mountain bike has some unique advantages when it comes to riding over a rocky, tough, and difficult terrain. Here are some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy while using one.
• Comfort. Although mountain biking is rough and tough, this does not mean that you need to experience pain every time you are riding. Having both rear and front suspension will, with doubt, make the riding a lot smoother. This means you wil be able to sit on your bike seat even when the hardtail riders have to stand up.
• Safer jumps. While jumps are some of the highlights of a good ride sometimes, landings can become tricky when the ground is not even. Since the best full suspension mountain bike 2016 will absorb the most shock, keeping the bike fully in control will be a lot easier. Besides, the landing will be a lot more comfortable.
• More traction. Since the 27.5 full suspension mountain bike ensure that your wheels remain on the ground, you will enjoy a lot more traction when riding a full suspension bike.
• Downhill speed. Although you’ll need a lot of effort while riding on the upper hill sections, the rear suspension will ensure that you are always in full control of the bike while riding downhill.
• Ladies full suspension mountain bike is more fun. If you want to enjoy your riding experience, then you need to go for the full suspension mountain bikes. With the best xc full suspension mountain bike, you will not just be able to ride for longer without getting tired, but rides will also be a lot more enjoyable as well. Apart from making corners very fast, you’ll also be able to take the difficult terrain at high speeds.
When a full suspension mountain bike is right for you
The best full suspension mountain bike is, therefore, the most ideal for you if
• You are willing to increase your budget a little bit.
• You enjoy riding mostly on technical trails.
• You are looking for a more comfortable ride.
• You are looking for speed in your riding experience.
Some quick information about the suspension
Located in the forks, the front suspension is relatively simple as compared to the rear suspension. This kind of suspension is provided by a special spring that usually compresses when it comes into contact with an obstacle. The spring can either be made of a coil, air, or both. As compared to other kinds of springs, air springs are not only highly tenable but also lightweight. Coil springs, on the other hand, are common on cheap full suspension mountain bikes and also feature on gravity or downhill bikes. Made from either titanium or steel, the coil springs are extremely durable and offer a much more responsive feel than there air spring counterparts. However, as compared to others, they are heavier hence require a swapping out.
Featuring a chain stay pivot, the four-bar spring is perhaps the most common rear suspension design. Although the faux bar is similar to the four-bar system, their only variation is the virtual pivot point and the DW-Link which both applies twin link to divide the rear end. Since all these systems have their advantages and disadvantages, the system that you finally gets normally depends on the manufacturers.
The most important best full suspension mountain bike parts
When it comes to dual suspension mountain bike here are some of the most important parts.
Full suspension mountain bike frame. This is not only the fountain of the mountain bike; it’s also the part that supports all the other parts. Since full suspension mountain bike frames come in different materials, you need to choose one based on your budget.
Shocks. There are two major types of the best 29er full suspension mountain bikes shocks. These include air and coil sprung shocks. While the air shocks have a chamber, the coil ones come with a metal coil. As compared to the coil shocks, air sprung shocks cannot take as much as abuse. However, they are not only lighter but also have more adjustment options for different preferences and riding options.
Wheels. As compared to other bike wheels, the best all mountain full suspension bike wheels are stiffer, stronger and much wider. This allows them to withstand the obstacles, bumps, and any kind of jumps that might be there. Since they’ve been constructed with a rim, hub, and spokes, they can be able to withstand rough terrains.
Tires. As compared to the road bike tires, next full suspension bike tires are knobbier and wider to offer them more stability and traction during the ride. Since there are a huge variety of mountain bike tires currently in the market, you can always choose one based on what type of terrain and riding you are planning to go for.
Handlebars. Handlebars are also another key part of the best entry level full suspension mountain bike. These are basically what the rider uses to steer the bike. Having the best handlebars and having them adjusted is therefore very important when it comes to enjoying the best riding experience.
Stem. The stem is actually what links the steering tube to the handlebars. It not only helps to influence your riding position but also to determine the distance between you and the handlebars. Nowadays, there are different angles and strengths of mountain bike stems that you can use to fit your 27.5 full suspension bike.
Pedals. Since pedals are very important, choosing the right ones will give you the best efficiency and also ensure you have more control over your carbon fibre full suspension mountain bike. The three basic types of pedals include cage pedals, clipless pedals, and platform pedals.
Saddle. The best full suspension mountain bike under 2500 saddle is what adds comfort while riding the bike. Without having a good seat, your riding experience will not only be a real pain but uncomfortable as well.
Brakes. Last but not least, the brakes are perhaps one of the most important parts. Apart from providing stopping power, the breaks also help you control your xl full suspension mountain bike, they regulate speed and make it easy to carry out advanced techniques and tricks.
How to maintain the best full suspension mountain bike
Constantly check the bolts that hold the handlebar. Once in a while, you need to give your handlebar a quick twist to ensure that the gap between the bar and the step work uniformly. If the bolts are loose, you should tighten them. If there are four bolts on your bike, tighten them in an alternating crisscross pattern.
Check the shifter pods and the broke levels. Hold the shifter pods and the brake levels and then push them up and down while ensuring that they are securely attached to the bars. It’s also important to ensure that you shifter not only works well but is also free of dirt.
Check out the front suspension. Ensuring that the front suspension of your black full suspension mountain bike is operational and clean is also another very important consideration when it comes to good cheap full suspension mountain bike maintenance. It’s a good idea to jot your suspension and listen if there are funny noises. You also need to ensure that the air settings on your fork match your riding style and weight.
Examine the breaks. It’s obvious that the most important parts on mountain bike’s maintenance procedure are the breaks. Make sure that the bolts holding the caliper are torqued to the correct amount and are tight as well. You also need to examine the thickness of your break pads.
Check out the rear suspension boots and pivot. Whether your bike is fitted with multiple pivot suspension or single pivot, make sure you allow the rear wheel to articulate. If you want to avoid pivot wear, you need to ensure that your bike is as clean as possible.
Examine the rear bumper. Just like the rear suspension you also need to check the rear bumper for any leaks and ensure that it’s free for any dirt as well. Also, ensure that the bolts are tightened with the correct torque.
Check the pedals and cranks. You also need to get hold of the crank arms and wiggle them away and towards the frame to see if you can be able to detect any slop. Since pedals are some of the most overlooked parts always ensure that they are kept clean.
Check the rear derailleur. The chain and the rear derailleur of the best full suspension mountain bike 2015 should also be oiled and cleaned as well. The best way to check this is to fix your bike to stand and run it through each gear to ensure that each one of them is working properly. If the gears are not shifting smoothly, then you’ll need to do something.
Examine the chain. When it comes to your chains performance and longevity, then dirt is a very bad thing. A good starting point is, therefore, ensuring that it’s well greased and clean. Apart from that you also need to address any bent or stiff links. This is especially true in the care your chain skips 3 or more rotations.
Check the cassette. If the teeth have started to look like sharks or they are bent, then it’s high time you replaced them. Otherwise if your gears are not shifting well, then you need to consider keeping them clean.
Examine the tires and the wheels. You always need to ensure that your through-axels and screws are securely holding your bike wheels without any issues at all.
Check out today’s top 10, full suspension mountain bike deals below…
- Upgrade the frame Suspension to make your ride more comfortable
- Great Braking System: The front and rear disc brakes and help keep the cyclist safe even in high speeds and down sloppy terrains. You will also have more control on when and where to stop.
- Shimano 21 speed Shifters easy to use
- The price is affordable. You can compare bicycles with similar configurations. Our bicycles have a high cost performance ratio.
- Durable and high quality after-sales service, so that you do not worry about the future
- Hi-tensile Steel Y-frame
- Shimano 21 speed gears
- V Brakes
- 26 x 1.95" Tyres
- 26" Hi tensile steel dual suspension mountain bike frame with Zoom suspension forks
- 21 speed Shimano gears with Microshift rotational shifters
- Front and rear mechanical disc brake with wavey style disc rotors, black alloy rims and sure grip mountain bike tyres
- Front and rear mudguards protect you from the elements wherever your ride takes you
- Suitable for inside leg range: 26-33 inches or 66-84cm
- Full equipped by Shimano, 7005 Aluminium Frame
- Shimano professional TX-55 24-speed rear derailleur
- Zoom fork with suspension & Adjustable rear suspension
- lite weight dual suspension alloy frame
- 27.5" Alloy wheels with mtb tyres for better traction
- 21 SPD Shimano gears for slick smoth transmission
- V brakes provide great stopping power
- comfortable padded mtb saddle
- 21 Speed shimano revo gearing
- Front rear disc brakes
- 26 Inch deep section aero wheels
- Hi-Tensile steel frame
- Dual suspension
- 1000W 48V Brushless Motor, Hign Power. The highest speed can reach up to 40km/h(31mph). The gradeability can reach 40° in common road condition. 5 setting smart computer, which can display the battery status, speed, trip distance and modes.
- 48V 13AH Lithium Battery. One power can support a 40-80km trip with pedal assisted. Over 500 times recharge cycle, 6-8 hours charging time from empty to full. Both the UK and EU standard plug available for UK and EU customers.
- 26 Inch Aluminum Alloy Frame, Full Suspension. 4.0 fat tyre, adapt to snow, beach, mountain ridding. Recommend rider-height : 5'6'-6'5"(165cm-190cm), max weight support 360LBS.
- Shimano ASL TX50 7 Speeds Shift System. Smooth and accurate shifting. Oil Hydraulic power off disc brake. All the components are set for your comfortable and safe cycling.
- 1 Year Warranty on Motor and Frame, 6 Months on Battery. 90% pre-assembled when you get the bike. Any questions about the pre-sale or the after sale, just contact us at any time
- 21 Speed shimano revo gearing
- Front rear disc brakes
- 26 Inch alloy wheels
- Steel Frame
- Dual suspension
- Steel Y-Shape design frame with rear suspension - Zoom front suspension fork
- 18 Speed Shimano gears - Shimano revoshift gear shifters
- Alloy front and rear v-type brakes - Q/R seatpost lever
- Lightweight alloy rims - Colour: Gloss green
- Frame Size: 14 inch - Wheel Size: 24 inch
- Daul Disc Brake Systems: make brakes more sensitive
- Upgrade frame: Foldable frame to make it easy to store and carry
- High quality accessories:Shimano 3*7 shifters,shimano front derailleur and rear derailleur,3 spoke Mag wheels
- Full Suspension: Front and rear shock absorbers make you more comfortable
- folding bikes for adults, fits up to 5'3-5'9"
Tops tips for buying the best full suspension mountain bike
Here are some of the tips to help you if you are looking for full suspension mountain bikes for sale.
• Get the right size. This is one of the most important things that you need to consider when looking for the best full suspension mountain bike. Although there is no standardised idea on what frame size is right for you to need to ensure that it’s the best fit.
• Choose the wheel size. Although strong and lightish 29ers are likely to become common, plus size can be suitable on hard trails.
• Don’t be obsessed about the weight. Although weight is key, strength is more important. It’s better to carry a few extra weight pounds, but strength will keep your bike out of the hedge and off the workshop too.
• Instead of quantity choose suspension quality. It’s also very important to go through the reviews of the best full suspension mountain bikes and read about the shocks and the forks. Decent air spring and quality damping will do you more good than any amount of extra suspension. This is a very important factor when you are looking for 2014 full suspension mountain bikes.
• Budget. Just like any other thin,g it’s also very important to consider how much money you are willing to spend. While nowadays it’s easy to find some of the best cheap full suspension mountain bikes if you are willing to spend more you are likely to enjoy more features.
• Accessories. Although it’s possible to just hop into your best full suspension mountain bike and go, a good bike should come with some of the best accessories. Some of the accessories that you need to consider include the helmet, gloves and good riding pants.