The Football Goals
With the football season in full flow, what better way to become part of the game and celebrate than bringing the field home? Whether you’re a soccer-loving parent or a hat-trick hero, no garden is complete without having the best Argos football goals in place. These goals will not only allow you to set up and play but also enjoy a full game with your friends.
Are you looking for a great football goals bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying football goals, please click here.
From grassroots to premier league stadia football range of football is among the largest ranges available in the UK with goals that can be used to cater for every situation. Since there is a wide range of garden football goals in the market it’s always very important to know how to choose the best one for your dream requirements. So what kind of goals should you go for? If you are looking for the best football goals, click here to read our in-depth review about some of the best goals.
How football goals have evolved with time
Apart from the ball football plays a very important role in the game. To score a goal the ball has to be kicked so it can pass between kids football goals. For centuries, the game of football has been sport loved by many people. However, playing the game has not always been very easy. Before the 1300s, football game was so popular among the peasants simply because it was the only game that was played on foot. During this time the upper class guys preferred to play games that were played on horseback such as the polo. As matter of fact, the rules of the games were also quite different from what’s there now. It was due to this that the game was banned.
However, even with the ban people still kept on playing football. Their love for the game kept playing alive. It was at this point that the king decided to order himself a pair of special football shoes. Although the authorities struggled to uphold the law when it comes to football until in the 1600s when the ban was lifted. He, therefore, instructed the Christians to only play the game after a giving to church on Sunday. Later on, the sport was encouraged in schools, where most students were of the upper class. To tame the sport some rules were introduced including the offside rule.
As the football game evolved over the years, so are the goals. It was during the 1500S that the first best football goals were recorded that consisted of two bushes strategically planted. Although before they were referred to as the gates, they were later on called pop up football goals. Since these tows have also increasingly evolved now you can buy metal football goals of different sizes and shapes including12 x 6 football goals, 8×6 football goal and6x4 football goal. Whether you are looking for the standard size or something smaller, you can always get it. Most of the rules that were brought about together with the football goal nets are still being used up to date.
4 main types of football goals
Socketed full-size football goal
These are perhaps among the most popular choices. This portable football goal means that there are two metal sleeves or 2 sockets that are set below the level of the ground as per the individual goal. The goalposts then simply slot into the sockets to ensure that the goal is held in an upright position. In most instances, socketed goals are mainly used on grass pitches such as parks, playing fields, or stadiums where the best garden football goals are left in position for a period of time.
Freestanding 16×7 football goals
With the increasing popularity of 3G and artificial pitches, freestanding goals are also increasingly becoming popular. Just as the name suggests, freestanding goals are the types of goals that are standing upright on their own. They are usually fixed by running a couple of runbacks along the ground to a back bar which is then used to make the goal frame. As compared to other goals out there freestanding goals will usually have full international net supports that join the crossbar to the back bar in the corners. Also, these goals should be anchored on the ground so they can meet international standards.
As an improvement of the freestanding goals, self-weighted goals are the kind of goals that are usually used on artificial pitches which tend to be multiuse. In reality, the self-weighted goals are freestanding goals with fixed weight and wheels that are added to the backboard to ensure that they are portable. Since these goals are portable in nature there is no need for any additional anchoring. The fixed weight must also be tested to makes sure that the weight is enough to stop any tipping and to make sure that they meet international standards.
Fold to wall goals
Originally meant for football grounds, the fold to wall football goals are usually used in the same circumstances as self-weighted footballs goals or especially where the multisport are usually being played. The goals are usually fixed on four or on tow in some instances the most common use of this type of goal is when the distance from the touchline to the fence or the wall is too small for free standing.
The main materials used for foldable football goals
As the elite goals all over the world, aluminum goals are some of the best goals used in most countries. Apart from being durable and lightweight, this kind of material is also used in football stadiums, some club training grounds and on most UK pitches. There are basically three types of aluminum provides the elliptical ones, 63.5 mm diameter and the 80mm diameter. The latter two profiles are mainly used for training and small-sided goals? However, elliptical is the most 9 a side football goals that are mostly used on stadiums and all the other self-weighted goals out there. The only downside of elliptical goals is that as compared to steel, they are a bit weak. To make them strong, four strengthening bars are usually added down its length to boost the material.
Although aluminum is considered the elite material steel are still the best since they are the most popular and in terms of the number of them that are being used. Steel10 x 6 football goals and junior football goals are by far quite stronger than aluminum goals although they are often prone to a lot of misuses. The steel goals come in 3 major profiles 60 mm diameter, 76 mm diameter and 76 mm square diameter with the latter only used in some of the most demanding places. However, these football goals are not considered to be safe.
UPSV or plastic football goals
Originally made as a black garden type of product, UPVC goals have been developed as quality product goals that are supposed to be used in very small-sided goals games. Only available as free-standing goals these football goal post Argos can easily be packed away into handy bag thus making packing and storing them easy.
4 ways to support football goal nets
International free standing hanging net supports
Used in most football stadiums the international free hanging net supports use no metal to support the inside of the goals. This prevents the balls from rebounding once it has hit the net which is one of the most important things when it comes to the professional game type of footballs. These types of support are only applicable in the box shape type of nets.
International net support
Although this is likely to be confused with the above, this kind of supports includes a tube that’s extended horizontally from each corner of the cross bar for short roof parts before dropping at a certain angle on the ground. Since the support suits most traditional goals they are mostly used in most freestanding goals.
Continental net support
Also known as the D shaped net support, the continental net support is the kind of support that forms a loop from the corners of the goal’s crossbars to short distance down the post. The top of the D, therefore, creates a short roof section for the net before the net can fall way diagonally to the ground. These net supports are used for the exact shape of the net as the internal net support.
Straight run back
This is the kind of support when there is no net support used hence the net falls diagonally from the crossbar to the ground. Although this has never been used in any professional game, this is a common practice in most games played in the parks.
Check out today’s top 10 football goals deals below…
- FOOTBALL FLICK URBAN GOALS – Finest quality giving the ultimate uPVC goal from a leading brand you can trust with a 1 YEAR MANUFACTURERS GUARANTEE. Set contains Goal, net, net clips & ground pegs.
- URBAN LOCKING SYSTEM – One of the only pre-installed, integrated systems – vital to provide ultimate rigidity and stability. Simple build instructions to allow assembly and take down in just 5 mins
- ALL WEATHER FRAMES – All 4 goal sizes are UV treated – can be left outside in any weather, year round, unlike many goals which need to be taken down
- MARKET LEADING 70mm FRAME & POSTS - Ultra high impact uPVC 70mm Posts and Frame to withstand the strongest and most powerful strikes. Also with heavy duty, reinforced corners
- UV TREATED NET - Supplied with UV treated high quality 2mm net for all weather use and protection.
- FOOTBALL GOALS FOR KIDS: Standing at 6ft x 4ft, these garden football goals are perfectly sized for use by youngsters, providing the ideal introduction to the beautiful game. Designed to be the centre-piece of your garden football set-up for years to come, this is the best football goal for kids.
- STRONG PVC FOOTBALL GOAL: Manufactured from high impact, shatterproof 68mm uPVC tubing, the PVC garden goals are exceptionally strong while retaining a lightweight touch for ease of portability. No matter how many shots are leveled at the PVC frame, the durable football goal won't lose its shape or break.
- ESSENTIAL LOCKING SYSTEM: For enhanced stability and security, the portable football goal has been designed with an essential locking system which bonds the PVC goal posts together, facilitating a quick and easy assembly process which takes a mere 5 minutes to complete. This system enhances the durability of the strong football goals.
- WEATHERPROOF FOOTBALL GOAL: The fully freestanding football goal is is 100% weatherproof and can be left assembled outdoor all year long. A 2mm UV treated HDPE football net is also supplied, which has been designed for optimal weather-resistance, offering protection from rot when used during inclement conditions.
- FULL GARDEN FOOTBALL GOAL PACKAGE: While you can purchase the 6ft x 4ft football goal as a single goal only, there is also the option to complete the package by adding a TARGET SHEET, CARRY BAG and GARDEN FOOTBALL to your order. Select the best football goal package for your needs in the drop-down.
- Dimensions: 12’(W) x 6’(H); Tubes: 1.25”(dia)
- Easy to move construction and detachable frame is perfect for taking to parties or practicing at the park;Quick and easy to set up for training in your backyard with friends and family
- Soccer goal is constructed of durable netting and a weather-resistant steel frame (1.25” tubes),Includes anchors to hold the goal in place and velcro straps to keep the net attached
- Set includes frame, lock together system, net, clips and ground pegs (everything required).
- The ultimate authentic looking soccer goal which stand the test of time. SIZES AVAILABLE FOR ALL AGES. Super quick delivery. Limited Time Special Offer.
- THE ORIGINAL PORTABLE FOOTBALL GOAL POSTS - Thicker corner parts make Samba goals much stronger than others. Made in the UK from Weatherproof High Impact 68mm diameter Heavy Duty uPVC. These Samba Goal Posts will withstand the hardest of shots. **NEW FOR 2019 - NETS UPGRADED. Thicker heavy duty nets that last longer.
- USED BY PRO CLUBS, SCHOOLS AND ACADEMIES - You are probably already familiar with Samba Goals. They are a tried and tested product that will give you years of use.
- ESSENTIAL SAMBA LOCKING SYSTEM – To keep the parts in place during play Samba Goals have locking parts. The parts can easily be unlocked by simply pushing down the locking button.
- COMPLETE GOAL SET - Includes Goal Frame, a Strong Rot Proof Net, Net Clips to attach the net and Ground Anchors to secure the goal in place.
- GOAL SIZE 8ft Wide x 6ft High (2.4m x 1.8m) - Full 12-month guarantee. Despatched on a Next Day Delivery Service so you can be using your Samba Football Goal in no time.
- Sturdy steel goal with stanchions, net and anchor pegs. Rust resistance paint finish. Size 6ft.
- FANTASTIC FORZA: The Ultimate Football Goals! The Best in the UK.
- ESSENTIAL LOCKING SYSTEM: High Impact 68mm uPVC Tubes, a critical feature to increase goal rigidity & stability. 5 Minute Assembly + Take Down.
- IMPORTANT: THESE ARE THE ONLY GOALS WHICH CAN BE LEFT UP ALL YEAR ROUND - IN ANY WEATHER. Unlike Kickster & Kickmaster goals which have to be taken down after use.
- ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE: Set Includes Frame, Locking System, Net, Clips & Ground Pegs (everything required).
- BUILT TO LAST: 12 month warranty on all FORZA football goals. An 8 x 6 garden goal is the ideal size for young players aged 7 to 14 years.
- FORZA FOOTBALL - The Ultimate Football Goals and the best in the UK! This 8ft x 4ft goal is great for kids up to the age of 10 to use in the back garden.
- ESSENTIAL LOCKING SYSTEM - High Impact 68mm uPVc Tubes. 5 Minute Assembly + Take Down. A critical feature to increase goal rigidity & stability.
- IMPORTANT - THESE ARE THE ONLY GOALS WHICH CAN BE LEFT UP ALL YEAR ROUND - IN ANY WEATHER. Unlike Kickster & Kickmaster goals which have to be taken down after use.
- COMPLETE THE SET - Set Includes Frame, Locking System, Net, Clips & Ground Pegs (everything required).
- SHIPPED IN STYLE - Brilliant Delivery Available From Net World Sports. Order Now!
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- James Rodríguez, Neymar, Lionel Messi (Actors)
- Julien Bertin (Director) - Julien Bertin (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- The Samba Match goals are the goal you will see at your School, local Football Club or Pro Football Academy.
- The original Samba Locking system ensures that all of the joining parts lock together on this goal range.
- The goals and nets are 100% weatherproof and can be left outside all year round.
- Supplied with locking goal frame, net, net clips and ground. The 12 x 6 and 16 x 7 goals are supplied with carry bags.
- If you take your football seriously the Samba Match goals are the goals for you.
- Two lightweight pop up goals for a full-scale match between all your friends and family
- Simply place the goals on the ground, watch them pop into action and you're ready to go
- Securing pegs and poles are provided for extra stability for your goals
- Comes with handy zip up carry case so your football goals are easy to carry
- Assembled Size: 1.2m (W) 80cm (H) 80cm (D)
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Top tips for buying the best football goals
• Material. When it comes to material, aluminum football goals are some of the most popular goals used. Apart from being lightweight, they are also durable as well. However, the golden standard is different fields out there are still goals. Since they are far much stronger than aluminum, they are quite suitable in areas where they can be climbed on, misused and punished. UPVC is the cheapest and can also be packed away regardless of where you are going to. If you are looking for the best football goals it’s very important that you consider the materials.
• Size. Since football goals come in various sizes, you need to choose the ones that you think suits you well. Some of the FA regulation specific goals include 11A Side goals, 9 A side goals and 5 A side goals.
• The company that makes the goals. It’s also very important to consider the company that’s making the football goals. Instead of just choosing an outlet moving imported steel football goals, you need to select a specialist company that has some knowledge about football goals and how they are supposed to be made.
• Check out the product reviews. Before choosing the best football goals, you also need to check out different customer reviews. The customer review must also be about the products and how they work to ensure that you end up with the best.
• Consider guarantee. It’s also very important to consider whether the product has a warranty. Remember, if the product has a warranty, it means that the product is one of the best. The best warranty should also be over 3 years.
• Price. Just like any other product out there, it’s also very important to know the price. It’s critical to know your budget so you can buy something that you can afford. However, you should not compromise the quality of aluminum football goals just because of the price.
Since there is a variety of football goals in the market, you need to know what you are looking before choosing one. If you are shopping for the best one, it’s also important to keep any that you’ve found inside the basket so you can review later. This will ensure that you end up with the best one.