The Best Electric Mobility Scooter In 2021
Regardless of physical disabilities, everyone has the right to move around. It should not be reserved for only some to go out and enjoy the sunshine, do some shopping or have a family day out. Thankfully, with a fold-up electric mobility scooter, this has been made easier. Regardless of whether you have injury preventing you from moving around or if you’re looking for additional support, an electric mobility scooter is a great option. But what is an electric mobility scooter?
Are you looking for a great electric mobility scooter bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying electric mobility scooter products, please click here.
Well, this refers to a chair on wheels that can significantly assist those individuals who have mobility issues. It’s a combination of scooter and wheelchair that’s pretty cool to be used for moving around. You may be asking who can benefit from using them and the answer is everyone. Perhaps you’ve reached a point when you are considering getting one for your loved one. Since this scooter reduces the need for outside assistance, it benefits both the caregiver and the user by preventing the user from falling own while walking.
It’s also one of the best options for anyone who has a problem standing for long. Just think about how this portable scooter will make getting around the house, shopping for groceries and commuting from one point to another easier. More so, if you are gardening then purchasing the best electric mobility scooter can be your best bet. However, since there are several of them in the market, one needs to choose the best one. If you are looking for electric mobility scooters for sale, click here to read our in-depth review about the best one.
Benefits of electric mobility scooter
• Independence. With the best electric mobility scooters for adults, you can always do what you want when you want. If you’ve ever found yourself always waiting for people to help you with errands and daily tasks, a mobility scooter could allow you to take matters in into your own hands. This way, you can move around and about as you normally would do without depending on others.
• Speed. A mobility scooter can go 4-8 mph. this means you’ll manage to keep up with your friends and family on the days when you are going out without tiring yourself thus making you happy and keeping you sociable. Having the energy and confidence to keep up with others is a very important element for your well-being and health. Failure to do this could lead to less desire to be sociable and end up creating isolation which is now a common thing in many countries.
• Flexibility. As compared to most wheelchairs, electric mobility scooter comes with a seat that swivels thereby allowing you easy access to the board and come off it. Also, to this, some of them can be dismantled to create space and make them easy to be transported.
• Ease of use. Since the design of electric mobility scooters has greatly improved, they are not only easy to operate but have also become far simple to operate. For instance, the handlebars also known as the tillers can be maneuvered even by those who have limited upper strength and mobility. More so, the basic controls make it easy to learn how to use them. Although you’ll still need to be confident for you to learn how to control them most people usually get the hang on it quickly and within a short time they’ve already known how to use them.
• They are allowed on public transport. This is also a major benefit of the best electric mobility scooters. This is because they can always be taken on public transport and even other accessible vehicles including taxis. Apart from allowing you to travel faster, you can also take mobility scooter with you. More so, after getting the best electric mobility scooter you’ll find that the outside trips become more pleasant. You can even take your mobility scooter on holiday with you. Most airlines will allow you to check your scooter in oversize luggage allowing you to travel and take them on vacations.
• No registration or license. Since electric mobility scooters are restricted to at most 10km/hour, they can only be used on pedestrian areas. Due to this, they are not considered as vehicles hence must not be licensed. The good thing is that you don’t need a license to operate them. The only requirement is that you must have a genuine need to use one. However, it’s very important to know how to operate it before you get one. If you are not sure you should get in touch with your occupational therapist to tell you the kind of skills that you need to operate one.
• Wide range of models and features. Electric mobility scooters are meant or those who are mobile enough to operate a vehicle but cannot be able to cover long distances either because of health issue or disability. From small electric mobility scooter to folding electric mobility scooter there is a wide variety of them available in the market today.
Types of electric mobility scooters
Nowadays there is a whole range of mobility scooters that you can choose from. Since each one of them is different getting the perfect one for you will generally depend on your circumstances and individual needs. Here are some of the main types.
Compact travel mobility scooters
Since they are easy to disassemble, they are foldable scooters that can shrink into really compact and handy shapes and even allow you to travel with. The materials used to make them are also selected with ease of travel in mind. These include aluminum and lithium-ion batteries that will keep things nice and practical. Whether you want to fly in comfort and ease or pop your scooter inside your vehicle there is a range of compact travel electric mobility scooters. If you plan on being on one for an extended period and won’t need to fold or disable your scooter it’s good to look for a full or mid-size scooter.
Mid-size mobility scooters
These are electric mobility scooters that are meant to be used either indoors or outdoors. Since they have larger wheels they are quite suitable for use outdoors. More so, because of their maneuverability, they can also be used indoors in malls, stores, coffee shops and even restaurants with a lot of ease.
Although finding fordable mid-size electric mobility scooter is a bit challenging, many of them can be disassembled
into a few pieces that can be put inside the vehicle for easy transportation.
Full-size mobility scooters
These electric mobility scooters are not only designed for the outdoors but also indoor independence in larger spaces and homes such as shopping centers. If you have a larger home or looking for one that you can use on paved areas in town they are the best option. The good thing is that they will provide you with a good range of battery per charge.
All-terrain mobility scooters
If you need to get around unpaved areas such as golf course, farm, and travel grave paths then these are the best to use. The main factor that’s separating these scooters from standard electric scooters is the ground clearance. The ground clearance refers to the space between the ground and any part of the scooter. The higher the ground clearance the easier it is for the scooter to pass over large obstacles. The undercarriage and the wheels are also reinforced in such a way that they can cope with the strains. Having a weight capacity of 500 pounds, these mobility scooters often come in luxury models, very huge batteries and many other comforts and technological features.
3 wheeled electric mobility scooters
The main reason why one should get this type of scooter is maneuverability. As compared to their four-wheeled counterparts, three-wheeled electric scooters will come with sharper turning radius which means they can turn in extremely sharp corners with a lot of ease. Also, if you are looking for a model that you can transport from one point to another, these score higher. If they are folding scooters, you can even get one that folds into a more compact shape. While they are 100% stable and safe, when it comes to overall stability they rank lower. The simple fact is that having four wheels not only ensure extra stability but also reduces the risk of the scooter toppling over in case of advanced circumstances.
4 wheeled scooters
If you are looking for some assurance on stability then four-wheeled scooters are the best. Since they come with a wheel at each corner, 4 wheelers are less likely to topple over or tip even in an unexpected risky situation. Also, foot and legroom will be more comfortable and accommodating. With four-wheeled scooters, the width will stay in the same for the whole length of the scooter.
Road electric mobility scooters
These types of scooters are meant for those who want to use them for long journeys including the option of using them on the road. These electric scooters are not only more powerful but also much larger than the ones above. Although they can reach up to 8mph in speed their speed is usually limited to 4mhr when on pavements. They are also ideal for getting around outdoors especially if you want to visit some country parks.
Check out today’s top 10 electric mobility scooter deals below…
Top tips for buying the best electric mobility scooter
Since several electric mobility scooters are choosing the best one can be a bit hard. However, once you know the factors to consider you can end with the best one. Here are some of the tips to help you.
• Weight capacity. This is a very important factor to consider when shopping for the best electric mobility scooter. Since they are designed to be portable it’s important to know their weight capacity and whether they can be moved from one point to another. Before buying one you must weigh yourself so you know that you are making the right weight choice.
• Travelling distance. An electric mobility scooter is ideal for those who want to take them for shopping, errands and other tasks. Generally, on a single battery charge, they have a traveling distance of around nine miles. However, if you are going somewhere that’s a bit far then you might need additional battery backup. You can either have someone carry it for you or carry it yourself. It’s, therefore, important to consider the distance that you intend to travel before choosing the scooter.
• Maneuverability. It’s also important to ensure that your electric mobility scooter can maneuver around the areas where you intend to use it in. for instance, if you have a small home then you need to look for one that comes with a tight turning radius. This will make it possible to get around tight corners and small doorways with a lot of ease.
• Seating options. If you depend on your electric mobility scooter to move around most of the time, then you need a comfortable seat. You might either upgrade one that has more padding or look into accessories such as pillows so that you can get additional support.
• Assembly and portability. It’s also important to consider this when you are looking for one that you can use to travel around most of the time. This feature is especially critical if you are mostly independent hence will not need any help to help you tackle this when leaving home. You should also ensure that you can lift your scooter once you’ve folded it. This ability is very important especially if you want to get the scooter in and out of the vehicle one of these days.
• Driving environment. It’s also important to know the kind of environment where you are going to use your scooter on. If you frequently drive outdoors then you may
If you are looking for the best electric mobility scooter you should keep any that you find so you can review later. This way you’ll get the best one.