The Best Drum Kit
Did you know that at some point or another, every person in the world fantasises about playing drums? But it takes a special and rare individual to take the initial step to do what’s required to turn that dream into a reality. This can be attributed to the challenges and headaches that come with learning how to play the instrument. Before even learning how to play a drum kit, one of the biggest hurdles faced by beginners is shopping for the best drum kit.
Are you looking for a great drum kit bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying drum kit products, please click here.
One of the biggest mistakes that most people make is worrying about things that don’t matter. So, if you are looking for the best pearl drum kit, click here to read our detailed review about the best drum kits for sale. But first things first let’s look at some of the benefits of playing drums.
Benefits of the best drum kit
• Playing a drum makes you fit. Just like other work out tools, the mini drum kit can make you stay and feel fit. If you learn how to play it well, you can even lose some weight through constant play.
• Playing drum kit improves intelligence. Although drummers are some of the most joked about individuals in the world, they are the most intelligent. Yes, playing even cheap drum kits can significantly boost one’s intelligence. According to an IQ test done by Swedish researchers, it was found that those who scored the highest are the ones who were playing drum kits.
• Playing the Roland drum kit makes you happy. Are you aware of that amazing feeling that one feels after an intense workout? A very clear mind and everything moving just well within your body? Well, this feeling is no longer meant for only the runners, fitness people, or athletes. According to psychologists, playing a Yamaha drum kit also produces a similar rush of endorphins.
• Minimizes pain. Since drumming leads to the production of endorphins, natural body painkillers, free drum kits can greatly reduce pain.
• Reduce stress. Playing the best drum kit set up can reduce disappointment, frustration, and even stress. Whether you are behind a junior drum kit or playing it, playing can significantly reduce stress. So, if you are feeling down just grab your sticks and start playing second hand drum kits and within very short while you’ll feel relieved.
• Boost your confidence. Drumming is it only powerful, but for you to be successful, you must learn how to play soft and loud. You must believe that you can learn how to play challenging parts by starting slow and slowly breaking them down. You’ll also learn how to break complex parts into very simple parts.
Different drum kit parts and drum kit set up
Before one can learn how to play the best Ludwig drum kit or acoustic drum kit, he or she needs to know the different components that make a drum kit. Here are some of the main components.
Stool set up
Apart from the other parts, this is perhaps the most important part of the best-used drum kits or full size drum kit. When it comes to setting up your drum kit, you need to start by setting up the stool in the best height. This will not only allow you to play well but also be able to operate the drum pedals with a lot of ease. If your stool is too high, your shin is likely to pain, and if it’s too low, your technique will suffer since you’ll be stamping a lot on the pedals. More so, it’s the height of the stool that will determine the height of the snare, floor tom, tom tom, crash cymbals, hi-hat among others. If you realize that your legs are aching, then you may have set your premier drum kit stool or small drum kit either too high or too low.
Snare drum kit
Since the snare drum is set between your legs, it should be placed in such a way that you can hit the drum head at the center while also striking the rim of the drum. On the entire Mapex drum kit, the snare is perhaps one of the most versatile. Apart from the height you also need to consider the angle that you want to place your snare in.
The next important step when it comes to setting up your drum kit is setting up the bass producing drum. Usually played by using a pedal with your main foot, the bass producing drum cannot be adjusted, but the distance that you sit from it is very important. If you are seated too far, you’ll be craning your neck to reach close to the rest of the Tama drum kit, and if you are too close, your shin may start to ache. You should, therefore, ensure that your bass drum is well placed.
While setting up your beginner drum kit, it’s also important to ensure that the bass pedal is in a comfortable position. You can do this by adjusting the tightness of the spring that’s located at the right-hand side of the pedal. If you realize that the pedal is too springy, then you should loosen it a bit. Since this depends on the taste and preference of an individual, there is no right or wrong to this.
This is the final part of the drum kit that one needs to set up. With the bass the snare and hi-hat you can play tons of music especially if you playing pop or hip hop music. For the right-handed player, the hi-hat is usually placed to the left of the snare and the right of the snare for the left-handed players.
Apart from these, other components of the best drum kits include the tom-tom, undrilled bass drums, cymbal spacing among others.
Different types of drum kits
Depending on the kind of music that you want to play, there are several drum kits in the market that you can use. However, the type of full drum kit that you choose all boils down to your personal preference. Although there are many different types, here are the main ones.
Electric drum kit
Nowadays, electric drum kits are increasingly becoming popular. Previously playing an electric Gretsch drum kit was out question because it was very expensive. Nowadays, there are so many of them in the market that with as little as $200, you can learn how to play one. Apart from being affordable, they quitter and occupies a small space. If you are shopping for the best electric portable drum kit, then you need to know the features that it usually comes with. If you are just starting, then a cheaper or DW drum kit should suffice. But as an experienced drummer, you may require one that has more features that the beginner kits cannot provide. Although an electric drum kit may not be the same as an acoustic drum kit, they are becoming more advanced day by day hence spending extra money should be worthwhile. Plus, since they are easy to transport, they are the best drums for gigs. Just with the tough of a button, you can change to any sound that you want.
Fusion CB drum kit
While fusion drum kit is known to be used majorly in jazz and fusion music, you can still use it to play all styles of music. Its higher pitch makes it the ideal kit. Although they have the option of adding more tom sizes in fusion kits, the smaller the sizes, the better. Although they are quitter, they are ideal compact kits for drummers who are always on the move. From jazz to rock fusion, you can play the tone that you are after with this five-piece drum kit. It’s the best drum kit hire.
Rock drum kit
Well, rock midi drum kit does not necessarily imply that the kit is used to play rock music. With a general size of 22 inches double bass drum kit, it’s currently the most popular drum kit in the market. Generally, it’s popular among those who play heavily. Although it can get drowned while recording, with it being deeper, it’s suitable for live performances. With the tom drum being the louder drum, you can use it to complement the large rock cymbals that normally accompany it.
How to play ion drum kit for beginners
Once you have playing surface, drum sticks, and practice materials, it’s time to hit the ground, just like learning any other habit learning how to play drum kit requires a lot of practice. You need to begin by playing the most important drum and easy songs for beginners. Another great way to learn this is to practice along while singing some of your favorite songs. While practicing, you need to constantly check it to ensure that you are using the best habit. For instance, you need to ask whether you are holding the sticks well or playing the rudiment correctly. If you forget about some of the skills that you leaned, always make an effort of asking your employer.
Check out today’s top 10 drum kit deals below…
- The Mirage beginners drum kit is easy to assemble and includes a drummer's stool, a set of drumsticks and a drum key.
- Included shells: 22"x16" 16-lug bass drum, 16"x16" 12-lug floor tom, 13"x10" 10-lug tom tom, 12"x9" 10-lug tom tom, 14"x5.5" 12-lug snare drum.
- Hardware included: S-2H snare stand, C-3GS cymbal stand, H-4L hi-hat stand, P-6CS pedal, x2 14" and x1 16" steel cymbals.
- The 6-ply, PVC covered drums with black rims are of extremely high build quality, making this kit exceptional value for money.
- Full instructional set up video can be found here. https://youtu.be/STK_ulQL4j4
- The Mirage JDK is a high quality children's drum kit, recommended for ages 4 to 8 years.
- Easy to assemble and comes with everything you need in one starter package. Full assembly video available via the Dawsons Music you tube channel.
- Also included is a bass drum pedal, stool, drum sticks and a drum key.
- This great value drum set is an ideal gift for young beginner musicians.
- The 5 piece kit includes: 16" Bass Drum, 10" Rack Tom, 8" Rack Tom, 12" Floor Tom, 10" Snare Drum, 10" Crash, 8" Hi-Hat.
- Mesh performance - All-mesh drum heads deliver the most realistic, responsive and immersive playing experience drummers demand
- Premium eight-piece configuration - 8 Inch dual-zone snare pad, (3) 8 Inch tom pads and (3) 10 Inch cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash w/choke
- In-demand sound - Nitro Drum Module with 40 ready-to-play classic kits, 60 play-along tracks and 350+ expertly curated sounds
- Powerful educational features - 60 built-in play-along tracks, sequencer, metronome, Aux input and performance recorder help to hone and develop your drum skills
- Everything you need - Four-post aluminium rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- All-In-One Drums - Ultra portable four pad electronic drum kit with built-in speaker and dedicated headphone output
- Authentic Drum Response - Four velocity sensitive drum pads ensures to capture every subtle nuance of your performance
- In Demand Sound - 70 percussion voices, 10 effect voices built in and 50 play along songs
- Hone Your Skills - Coach feature shows notes on LCD screen and instructs for an intuitive learning experience; game function makes playing and learning fun
- Drum Anywhere - Power via included AC adapter or six C-cell batteries for drumming wherever you go
- The ideal first drum kit - includes cymbals, hardware, sticks and stool
- Deep and resonant drum sounds from poplar shells
- Steel cymbals for great tonal variety
- Built to last, with durable double-braced hardware
- ∮ Built-in Double Stereo Speaker electric drum pad provides stunning bass and authentic drum response
- ∮ 9 Velocity Sensitive Pads for various sounds: Crash cymbals, High tom, Low-mid tom, Ride cymbal, Low floor tom, Bass drum, Snare, Open/Close hi-hat
- ∮ 7 Realistic drum sounds with 9 Accompaniments and 12 Demo Songs
- ∮ Roll-up Design / Aux-in Music Available / 3.5mm Headphone Jack / Recording
- ∮7 Accessories as gift: 2 x Drumsticks, 1 x Aux-in Cable, 1 x UK Adapter, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x 1000mA Rechargeable Lithium Battery, 1 x Foot Pedals, 1 x User Manual
- Next Generation Mesh Performance | All-mesh drum heads deliver the most realistic, responsive and immersive playing experience
- Premium seven-piece configuration | 8 Inch mesh snare drum and (3) 8 Inch mesh toms, (3) 10 Inch cymbals and custom-designed Alesis hi-hat pedal and kick pedal
- In-demand sound | Turbo Drum Module with 10 ready-to-play classic and kits and 100+ expertly curated sounds
- Powerful Educational Features | 30 built-in play-along tracks, metronome, Aux input and drum coach help to hone and develop your drum skills
- Everything you need | Sturdy steel rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- Complete digital drum kit, with accessories
- Needs very little space as it's compact and foldable
- Specially designed to help start or improve your drumming
- Headphones included - so you can practise quietly
- It's time to become a drummer...
- 【Premium Durable】The early education drum set is made of high-quality materials, and thicken double-sided tympanic membrane is resistant to knocking to meet the requirements of the sound rhythm.
- 【Great for developing skills for children】It helps develop your child's ability to think and react quickly and the sense of touch, music, hearing and hand-eye coordination to stimulate children's musical talent.
- 【Compact Size Drum Set】Product Size: 59 x 38cm / 23 x 15inch,Compact size drum set, musical instrument toy designed for little children.With colorful appearance, very attractive to young children.
- 【Easy to Assemble】Lightweight and easy to assemble, no tools required.The inserting slot of the middle drum and snare drum is firm and stable.
- 【Perfect Gift】The mini drum set is ideal gift toy for Kids, Boys and Girls,perfect as Christmas gifts ,birthday party gifts,etc.
- 8-piece electronic drum kit with drum module
- 250 high-quality percussion voices, 20 pre-set drum kits, 10 user-defined drums kits and 20 demo songs
- Collapsible design for easy transport
- Aux input, line output, headphone output, USB interface (USB to device) and MIDI In/Out
- Includes headphones, drum throne, drumsticks, drum key and cable management strips
Top tips for buying the best starter drum kit
If you are an aspiring musician or drummer, then buying your first adult drum kit can be an exciting experience. However, if you’ve never owned one before there are few things that you must consider when looking for the best. Here are the main tips to help you buy the best drum kit and drum kit accessories.
• Think about what’s included. This is perhaps the most important things to consider. You need to know what’s included in the drum kit and how many pieces you need. Depending on your budget and level of expertise, you might need to start small and keep it simple. For instance, instead of going for a seven-piece set, you need to choose 5 or even six pieces.
• The size. Just like buying any other product considering the size that you want is very important. Based on your space and other limitations, you may be better off buying a specific size. One of the common sizes to buy is the rock drum kit. Although it can be a bit larger, it normally produces one of the best sounds that are not only balanced but deep as well.
• The sound. When shopping for your first drum kit, you also need to know the kind of sound you are looking for. Before settling on any one drum, you should try them out and choose the one that has the best sound.
• Material/build. Although some drum kits are simple others are made of pleasant wood. The material and the build of the drum kit is, therefore, a very important consideration when looking for the best drum kit.
• Budget. It’s also important to search for the best basic drum kit depending on the amount of money that you’ve allocated to buy one. Remember, everything depends on the amount of money that you are ready to spend on the drum kit and how much is a drum kit. This will help you to know the drum kit price.
• Apart from these, other things that you should consider include drum heads, racking, throne, and pedals.
That’s all about the best rock drum kit. When you are out shopping for one, you need to drop any that you consider inside the basket so you can review later.