The Best Caravan Steps
Caravan steps Argos products are perhaps some of the most important items you need. With these steps, you can climb into your caravan and jump out again without any issue, especially if you’re as adventurous as a kid. But since there are many types of caravan steps on the market, choosing the best one can be a bit challenging.
Are you looking for a great caravan steps bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying caravan steps, please click here.
However, if you read our in-depth review about the best milenco caravan steps, you’ll end up with the best one. If you are looking or the best caravan steps, click here to read our in-depth review.
Types of the best caravan steps
Single caravan steps
As compared to the double caravan steps Halfords, single caravan steps have the advantage of being lighter and compact to story or carry anywhere when not being used. When you go out, most single caravan steps will also stow underneath the caravan when you are so you it will not stand in the way of your car when you leave the pitch for a day out. Rather than double caravan steps, the step-up in single static caravan steps for sale is greater. However, with a smaller base area and more strain on the knees, single caravan steps can be a bit unstable. The main disadvantage of single caravan steps is that the actual step to the caravan may be higher if you are using a single platform model than if you are using double one.
Double caravan Aldi steps
These refer to larger steps that can look more awkward when you want to maneuver through the doorway, past the cupboards and other units. However, there are folding models that are more convenient. Since most double metal caravan steps cannot stow underneath the caravan, you need to be very careful when driving next to the caravan because the caravan steps are hard to see through the side mirrors. Although this might look like common sense issue, there are situations when some caravan owners have rummaged over them while driving.
Portable caravan steps
Portable caravan steps UK is perhaps one of the most important additions to your caravans. Since most caravans nowadays do not come with built-in steps, portable caravan steps are the best way to make your holiday life enjoyable and much easier experience. Coming in different sizes and shapes, portable caravan steps or folding caravan steps the UK can always be folded and moved from one place to another.
Disabled caravan steps
Nowadays, disabled caravan steps are available in almost all types of caravans. If you regularly go to a caravan club or you own static caravan, then these solid steps are always present next to the caravans. But if you are towing your caravan to a campsite, your need for disabled caravan steps are always more urgent. Since these steps can be bought from any reputable stockiest, you should ensure that they are sturdy enough. More so, the disabled caravan steps that you select should be easy to store inside the caravan whenever you are not using them. Plus, they should be made from a material that’s not only wide enough but also slip-proof. Even if you are currently not using a walker, it’s very important to be prepared for the future by investing in good disabled steps.
Disabled caravan steps with handrails
If you are currently using a walking stick to move around, then second steps with handrail or caravan steps with handrail for touring caravan are very useful. While one hand will use the stick the other hand will grab the rail. If you no longer feel comfortable pulling your caravan, then you may decide to go to the campsite with static vans.
Other types of caravan steps include 3 step caravan steps, Kamba folding caravan steps, stats caravan steps plastic, galvanized caravan steps, triple caravan steps, and royal caravan steps among others.
Manual caravan steps versus electric ones
The most common types of caravan steps can be categorized as either electric or manual. While manual caravan steps may belong to the retractable category, electric ones are usually powered by a special motor that uses 12V volts. Installed under your caravan’s doorway with just touch of a button, electric caravan steps can be made to slide out. Here are the main points of difference between electric caravan steps and manual caravan steps. Although both manual and electric caravan steps have their pros and cons here are some of the major ways through which they differ.
Ease of use. One of the main differences between manual and electric caravan steps lies in the way they are used. While manual large caravan steps must be extended by the hands and placed outside the caravans electric ones can do all the work alone. Also, electric caravan steps usually come with other features such as electrical steadies and self-leveling, thus giving you all the comfort that you need.
Stability. If loading is an issue, then manual caravan steps can be the best ones. This is because most elec, tric caravan steps require extra care.
How to stop caravan steps from sinking
Once you’ve chosen the best second-hand caravan steps or Thule caravan steps, you need to be very careful and ensure that when you put them on top of the floor, you may prevent them from sinking. For instance, if you regularly pitch them on grassy areas, you’ll be faced with this issue severally. However, the,ere are two major ways that you can use to prevent them from sinking. The first way is to make sure that the caravan steps that you buy have a good surface area that will prevent their feet from sinking immediately through the mud or the grass. Also, the models that have larger feet will do well in this area.
Secondly, you may need to place a board beneath them. By placing a board, it means that the surface area that they cover and the pressure from your feet will not be able to penetrate through to the ground as compared to the first method this is much better. Although it’s a good way, you need, to look for a piece of wood that will fit your needs. Alternatively, you may need to always carry one with you.
Check out today’s top 10 caravan steps deals below…
- Ideal for motorhomes, caravans and campervans
- Capacity: 110KG
- Anti-slip pp treads
- Length: 50CM Width: 48CM Colour: Black
- Folded Length: 84CM Folded Width: 49CM
- Made from steel to offer that extra strength
- Ideal for use with caravans, motorhomes, 4 x 4's and also help the disabled in and out of vehicles
- Each step has a non slip rubber surface
- Fitted with steel cross members for additional strength
- Ideal for those who are slightly infirm or who just want a steady platform.
- Tread Size - 360mm x 220mm (top step), 410mm x 220mm (bottom step)
- Height 180mm & 380mm approximately
- Weight: 2.8kg
- Tested to 200kg
- CrazyGadget 1 Step Stool Metal Anti Slip Rubber Mat Lightweight Safety Non Slip Mat Heavy Duty Steel Kitchen Stool Home Garden Tool DIY in Silver Colour. (MEET BRITSH SAFETY STANDARD: EN 14183-B-2)
- Silver Metal Stepping Stool Is The Excellent Addition For Your Home Suitable For Many Different Uses. Anti Slip Black Rubber Platform For Safety.
- This Step Stool Features Protective Rubber Feet To Protect All Your Floors From Scratches.
- Standard--Holds A Maximum Weight Of 150 Kg
- Compact Size For Convenient Storage And Transportation. Size: L 43cm W 26cm H 26cm
- Ideal as caravan steps or as step stools around the house
- Steel Construction
- Non-Slip Pads on the steps
- Suitable on any surface
- Weight Capacity: 120KG
- Size 59 x 48 x 39 cm
- Good quality, durable and strong
- Compact and easy to store folds up for easy storage
- Non slip tread steps, lightweight and easy to carry
- Strong, rigid tubular steel construction
- Quality non-slip tread
- Dimensions (H x L x W): 25.5 x 43 x 35 cm
- Maximum weight capacity 150 kg
- Caravan steps
- Double set of steps
- Rubber grip to decrease the chances of slipping
- Steel frame for durability and quality
- Measures approximately: 63 x 43 x 43cm
- TÜV SÜD Certified - Step ladder is tested and certified by TÜV SÜD according to EN14183 standard (ID: Z1171191476006); Max. load capacity up to 150 kg;
- Reliably Stable and Safe - With wide tread rung (37.5 x 26.5 cm) and steel structure, the 4 legs point outward to support the ladder stably and prevent toppling; spring button locks prevent the ladder folding up accidentally
- Anti Slip Feet - The tread rung with grooves and feet with end protectors not only prevent user slipping when standing on it, but also protect floors from scratches
- Folds to Save Space, Light and Portable - The thickness of the step ladder after folding up is 4 cm, taking up little space, easy to be placed in a corner or narrow gaps; the ladder weighs 1.9 kg, comes with a grip for carrying
- Versatile - As a step ladder for RVs, a temporary stool, or a climbing tool to reach high cupboard, or a footstool in the office, this one step ladder is a great helper
- The classic step for caravans and motorhomes, made of UV-resistant HD Polyethylene for more stability and strength.
- Non-skid surface.
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Top tips for buying the best caravan steps
Shopping for the right large caravan steps for your family needs or your vehicle may not be as easy as it seems. Unless you do some thorough research or seek professional advice getting it right the first time is always a matter of trial and error. Due to this, any respectable caravan and other accessories dealer will stock many models of caravan steps so you can choose the best one for your ,needs. Fortunately, if you are looking for one, don’t worry, these important tips will help you select the best caravan steps for your needs.
• Double or single steps. This is perhaps the most important decisions that you should make. When shopping for the best caravan steps, you should ask yourself whether you need single or double steps. Since most models feature either single or double models choosing one should not be hard.
• Material. It’s also important to take note of the material used to make the caravan steps. Most metal caravan steps are usually made of steel, aluminum or an alloy. While aluminum is a soft metal, when it’s alloyed with other metals, it’s not only a lot firmer but also strengthened as well. It’s also beneficial because it’s lighter than steel. However, because of the technique needed to join them, they are a bit more expensive than steel caravan steps.
• The tread. The tread is also another important consideration when shopping for the best caravan steps. When it comes to slip-resistant, steps that have rubber tread are the most suitable. Another option is choosing tread covers that glow in the darkness. This makes it easy to see your way when entering or coming out of the caravan. More so, since the treads are mostly used outside you need to be very careful with slippery treads that can be risky in wet weather conditions.
• Soft or hard caravan steps. Most caravan steps are manufactured using alloys and metals. Depending on the material that you are looking for, it’s also very important to ask yourself whether you need a hard or soft caravan steps.
• Accessibility. Another very important thing to consider when looking for the best fold up caravan steps is accessibility and stability of the design. Since four legs are more stable than three, if you are looking for stability, then you’ve rather choose caravan steps with four legs. You also need to go for steps with a frame around its base to prevent it from sinking.
• Other factors that you need to consider. When it comes to the stability of caravan steps, the angle of the legs is also a very important consideration. As compared to other steps, portable caravan steps with larger feet are less prone to sinking. This also means that the caravan steps cannot trip over when you are using them
That’s all about the best caravan steps. If you are shopping or the best one, its handy tip to put any that you find inside the basket so you can review later.