The Best Bench Press
One of the most important and common items in a home or professional gym is a bench press. Apart from providing several options, it also comes with lots of challenges. Whether you’re a professional weight lifter or a beginner, a world record bench press can help you get the most out of your workout plan. Nowadays, the market is full of different types of bench presses that all vary in design, features, effectiveness and the materials used to make them. But first things first, what is a bench press?
Are you looking for a great bench press bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying bench press equipment, please click here.
What is bench press, dumbbell bench press or incline bench press?
Bench press form is perhaps one of the most popular types of exercises around the world. According to many people, it’s perhaps the most effective type of exercise if you want to develop your chest. Since there are several variations that one can perform, it’s particularly adaptable. You can perform them with dumbells, barbells, kettlebells and several other pieces of equipment. You can do this exercise on an incline bench, flat bench, or even decline bench. The exercise generally involves pushing movement that will activate muscle fibers in the chest. More so, if you want to add mass to the upper or middle portion of your pectoral muscles, flat benches are the best. If you are shopping for the best barbell bench press, click here to read our detailed review.
Benefits of bench press
• The best bench press will help you build your upper body. It’s obvious that one of the most important benefits of bench press for sale is that it will help you increase strength in your upper body. This is because the bench press uses several different muscles in your upper body. Thus, the more weight you carry, the more of those muscles will be used, thereby increasing the strength and size.
• Boost the health of your bones. Another benefit that you’ll enjoy from the best bench press is that it will help you increase the strength and health of your bones. This is because this type of exercise is considered as weight-bearing exercise and weight-bearing exercise normally has huge bone-building benefits. When you are doing weight-bearing exercise, the extra weight on your bones will force the cells on your bones to go to work
• It makes you strong. When it comes to upper body strength, there is nothing as good as smith machine bench press. This is because it will ensure that you become stronger and quicker, very fast. Most newbies will improve their bench press weight by up to 40% in the first six months of their training. Once you get stronger, you increase your ability to push the width directly to your body.
• Its increase the level of your testosterone. When you push your system to carry heavy weight, such as what you get involved in when bench pressing, your body’s natural production of estrogen will significantly increase. The more the level of testosterone in your body, the stronger you’ll become.
• The average bench press will improve your functional strength. As one of the best weight exercise, the bench press will boost your body’s ability to move through a range of motions. As compared to other machines, it will recruit the stabilizers in muscles groups and allows your body to resist gravity and balance. Although some people have complained that this is not the best exercise for functional strength, the truth is that the upper body strength is always relatable to any form of movement. And it’s important to know that nothing will develop that kind of strength more than the best bench press machine.
• The best bench press is great for the ego. Although there is no room for ego in the gym, if you have a strong bench press, you’ll feel proud of yourself. As one of the most impressive lifts that exist, it’s also suitable for bragging rights. In case you tell people that you normally lift weights, the first question that they will ask you is the amount of bench that you do.
• The best bench press muscles worked is adaptable for the joints. Another thing about the best bench press is that it’s quite adaptable for the joints. With so many variants out there, you can easily adapt if you normally suffer from joint issues.
Between incline and flat bench press which one is the most suitable for your chest?
Whether you are pushing a cart, swimming, or just playing with a ball, having strong chest muscles is very important for your every day’s activities. Just as you would train any muscle group in your body, it’s critical to work out your chest muscles. Among the most popular and effective exercises for working out your chest muscles is the chest press. But which one is the most effective? Since there is no right or wrong answer, all these generally depend on your personal goals and preferences. If you want to get the most out of these, you need to do both types of exercises since they both work almost in the same way but in slightly different ways. Let’s have a look at each one of them.
Incline bench presses
The main purpose of the incline bench press set is to focus more on the upper pecs. The main benefit of performing this is to improve the upper portion of the pectoral muscles. For instance, when you set the bench at an incline of about 30 degrees, you’ll be able to make your shoulders more active since it can only be compared to a shoulder bench press. Also, because of the angle, there is less strain on your rotator cuff, which is usually a very common area for injury with the flat bench. However, there are some disadvantages that come with this kind of bench press. For instance, since it put a lot of stress on your upper pec, it will develop this muscle group more. More so, you are actively using your shoulders at this angle; hence, you don’t want to work on them the next day. This may lead to over using them, which may eventually lead to injury.
Flat bench press
As mentioned earlier, the pectoral major are always made of the lower and upper pec. When it comes to flat benching, both heads are evenly stressed, thus making this exercise the most suitable form of exercise for overall pec development. Also, unlike your every day’s activities, it’s a more natural fluid movement. However, just like the incline chest press, it also has some disadvantages. It’s the main source of most overuse and shoulder injuries. It’s, therefore, very important that you warm up your shoulders and chest by stretching or through using resistance bands before starting on this kind of exercise. You also need to ensure that you have full scapular stability and full shoulder mobility to reduce the potential of any injury that you may be faced with. But in the long run, everything depends on what you want to achieve with this kind of exercise.
Ways to Improve your bench press bar and bench press bar weight
• Mentally prepare yourself. Just like athletes mentally prepare themselves when going out for a competition, you also need to prepare yourself before you start the process of weight lifting. It won’t hurt if you decide to talk yourself as long as you do not overdo it.
• Strengthen the supporting muscles. Although the flat barbell bench press is the ultimate lift, you will get the most out of it if you don’t spend enough time working on the muscles that play an important role during this process. Remember, for you to enjoy the most effective lift, your chest, triceps, shoulders, back, and forearms should work together. If any of these areas are weak, you might not go far.
• Work on explosivity. For many lifters, the hardest part is always the initial move to get the barbell moving. If you find yourself struggling to get past those, then you should add some dynamic kind of training in your routine. You can start with a weekly program where you lift as a minimal amount of weight as possible.
• Get a reliable spotter. Trying to lift a huge weight without a reliable spotter is not one of the best things to so as you may lose control of the weight. On the same note, you should not choose someone who ends up lifting half the weight just to help you. A good spotter should be someone who can recognize that you are almost failing and be ready to assist when needed.
• Always take some time to recover. Although you may be eager to lift the weights as much as possible, it’s very important always to get some time to recover. Since the lifting breaks the muscles, it may not lead to any improvements unless you schedule sometime when you can recover from this.
Common mistakes that you need to avoid when bench pressing
Since bench press with weights and tricep bench press can be a bit dangerous, there are some mistakes that you need to avoid.
Before doing anything, you need to ensure that the path of the bar is not low over the neck region or the mouth, especially when you are racking or unracking the bar. This means you need to move the weight to and from the rack from an arm extended position instead of across the neck and face.
Width of grip
You should make sure that the width of the bar is wide so that the forearms are perpendicular plane and the joints at the elbow are at least at the right angles. If your elbows are too flared and your grip is too wide, you risk injuring your pectoral muscles.
Suddenly locking elbows
Contrary to some advice out there you can safely lock out your elbows. You just need to ensure that you don’t lock them out explosively or suddenly.
Your hand grip should not only feature the thumbs placed under but should also be overhand across the top of the fingers and under the bar. You need to avoid placing the thumbs locked beneath the fingers or under the bars.
Pushing head into the bench
You need to keep your feet flat on the floor and your head flat on the bench to boost your stability. However, you should not push your head into the bench. Instead, you should firm up your neck muscles.
Lifted buttocks and arched back
When you are using a bench press, you need to ensure that your buttocks are firm and flat on the bench. You should not copy the power lifter’s style of arching your back so much that your buttocks come off the bench.
Top tips for buying the best bench press
Having the best bench press program and bench press rack at home not only allows you to workout comfortably at home but safely as well. This unique piece of equipment helps in maintaining your posture and technique while working out. But first for you to enjoy all these benefits you need to buy the best one.
Check out today’s top 10 bench press deals below…
- 【VERSATILITY ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT BENCH】: YOLEO adjustable weight beach has 7 backrest pad positions to meet all you need when workout. The Foldable Workout Bench could be assembled simply as well as Easy To Carry& storage.
- 【FULL-BODY WORKOUT EXERCISE】: The adjustable weight rack is ideal for working out and training on your chest, shoulders, back, abs, and more.
- 【COMFORTABLE & ERGONOMIC DESIGN】: Comfortable high-density foam padding and seat secures body firmly and reducing muscle fatigue during workout. This Weight Bench Features a soft leather which is filled with dense foam padding so it is comfortable to do multiple exercises.【Delivery Excludes】: Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, Jersey.
- 【HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION】: The adjustable dumbbells bench built with thicken supported pipe that’s guaranteed to withstand 330 lbs Capacity
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】: Order Today and Get 1 year Warranty on the Frame, 30-day Warranty on the Pads. Not satisfied with 100% unconditional refund.
- 4 x 1.25KG weight plates 4 x 2.5KG weight plates 2 x 5KG weight plates 2 x 10KG weight plates 2 x 15KG weight plates
- 1 x 170cm Barbell bar (weight 10KG) 1 x 120cm EZ Curl bar (weight 8KG) 2 x 35cm dumbbell bar (weight 2.5KG each) 8 x spinlock star collars to secure the weights
- Hole diameter 31mm - Not suitable for use with one inch weight plates Plate colour: Black Plastic coating prevents scratches and scuffs to the floor of your workout area
- Padded bench can be folded down for sit-ups Height-adjustable barbell rack Simple to fold for easy storage
- Maximum load: 200KG Unit weight: 30KG Manual included Cushion dimensions: 111cm x 25cm x 4cm
- PERFECT FOR A FULL-BODY WORKOUT: This multi workout bench can provide you a variety of exercise, perfect for biceps curls, bench press, shoulder press, ab muscle training, leg exercise and more. It’s a great device for a full-body workout at home or at gym.
- ADJUSTABLE FIVE- POSITION: Classic flat & incline bench, as well as dumbbell & barbell exercises. Also can be adjusted as sit up bench. An extra set of resistance bands help in boosting your strength training without dumbbell.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Solid and durable tubular construction, which provides you more stability and safety for your exercise. High-density form padding give you more comfort.
- EASY FOR STORAGE: Built-in wheels for easy moving, compact and good for apartments. Ideal for beginners and more advanced users for use as home gym.
- ADAPTABLE TO FIT MOST TRAINING EQUIPMENTS: Not only is this bench adjustable, it’s adaptable as well! Attach it to squat racks, half cages and get the most out of your exercise. Assembled dimensions: 52*16*11 inch. Maximum weight capacity 440lb.
- Mirafit Adjustable Weight Bench With Dip Station
- Handy folding design - Takes up minimal space when not in use - Bench can also be declined for situps and ab work (includes foot strap) - Dip station to rear of bench with hand grips
- Strong steel construction with comfortable black padded cushions - Height adjustable barbell rack - 5 Adjustments - Durable, black powder coated frame
- Easy to assemble - Instruction manual included - Weights & bar not included
- Dimensions: l: 125cm - W: 57cm - H: 41cm (bench)/79cm-99cm (bar rest) - Folded size: 47cm x 57cm x 131cm - Bench cushion: 111cm x 25cm x 4.5cm - Bench height from floor: 41cm - Please note, tools required for assembly are not included.
- 【MULTIFUNCTION WEIGHT BENCH】: The 4 in1 multi fitness bench provides you tons of training selection,perfect for popular full-body workouts like bench press, push-ups, dumbbell presses, chest presses, ab muscle training, leg exercise etc.An ideal training equipment for both gym and home use.
- 【ADJUSTABLE BARBELL HEIGHT】: 6-Position height adjustable barbell rest with pull-up hand grips can satisfy the different exercise demands.Our innovative weight benches are adjusted with Safety knobs,which is stronger than bolt.
- 【UNIQUE SYSTEM】: Comfortable cushions switch quickly and easily between the incline and flat training positions. Weight lifting flat can also be declined for sit-ups and ab work (includes foot strap). Also includes dip station for pull-ups.
- 【FOLDABLE DESIGN】: With just three hand movements,the workout bench can be folded into compact size to save your space.Ideal for beginners and more advanced users for use as home gym.
- 【CONFIGURATION UPGRADE】: Achieve a quality upper body workout,as this versatile bench station is made with a wide design to ensure lifting at any range without restriction.Structure made with sturdy non-slip rubber feet to protect the floor from scratches.
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT EXERCISE: The adjustable weight bench is ready to meet all you needs when workout. It is ideal for working out and training on your chest, shoulders, back, abs, and more. This weight bench will be a great choice for a full-body workout at home or at gym.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The exercise bench equips with 2mm extra thicken tube and solid&durable triangular design. Excellent design of our adjustable dumbbell bench adds more stability and security for your exercise. High-density form padding makes you more comfortable.
- VERSATILITY ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT BENCH: You can do classic flat/incline bench exercises, or you can workout with dumbbells and barbells as well. Sit up bench goes from flat to 90 degrees. WINNOW weight bench has 6 adjustable back rest positions and 3 adjustable seat support to meet all your needs when doing exercise .
- COMBINED WITH OTHER EQUIPMENTS: This bench can be used in combination with other devices. Attach it to squat racks, half cages and get the most out of your exercise. Maximum weight capacity 600lb.Maximum user body weight 300lb.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: You will get not only a high quality weight bench for home use, but also 100% satisfied customer service.The multiuse workout bench offers one year warranty and lifetime service. Give your trust to our workout bench and feel free to contact us if you have any problems.
- Multi-Function: Olympic weight bench with adjustable uprights, dual-action leg developer, adjustable foam rollers and adjustable preacher curl. Independent utility bench and barbell rack can be used separately or moved out of the way allowing you to do squats. Good for the home user/gym.
- Whole Body Exercise: This training bench is great for a wide variety of full-body workouts, such as Flat Bench Presses/Incline Dumbbell Bench Press/One-Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl/ Leg Extension,etc.
- Incline Decline Bench: High-temperature multi-step painting process, moistureproof and anti-rust.
- Adjustable Design: Backrest adjusts for flat/incline positions. Adjustable uprights can be adjusted to 6 levels. Height adjustable and folded design brings more convenience to your exercising.
- Friendly Tips: Keep Away from Children to Avoid Danger!---Package content: 1 x Weight Bench( With Accessaries, but the Barbell and weight plates are not included))2 x Rope, 1 x Manual
- Classic flat /incline bench: It can use to train your whole body,such as AB training,leg workouts,push ups and back sit ups and more.Height-adjustable barbell rack.
- Sturdy & Stable:Heavy duty construction,it is sturdy enough to withstand weight of up to 280 Kg,It is super strong and in excellent stability.
- Easy Storage: Due to its folding design, Can be folded into compact size to save space then place this free-standing bench upright in a corner.
- Comfortable padded bench covered in hard-wearing leather, With sturdy non-slip footing for extra safety.
- Service：Package is shipped from uk, The delivery time is 2-10days, warrent：24 months (not include barbell)
- York bench press with 5 seat positions for workout versatility.
- Sit up bench goes from flat to 90 degrees
- This weight bench can be adjusted in seconds.
- Comfortable thick padded workout bench for dumbbell exercise, body weight workouts and backrest.
- Solid and durable tubular construction.
- Heavy Duty 14 Gauge Steel Tube Frame with Powder Coated Finish.
www.bestsellers.bargains is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
Here are some of the tips to help you buy the best one
• Type. Since there are a variety of bench presses in the market, you need to know the type that you are looking for. From flat to Olympic, incline to adjustable all these pressed come with their disadvantages and advantages.
• Maximum loading. When considering the maximum weight load, you need to know how much weight you can be able to lift at your strongest and how much you will manage at your biggest. When it comes to the best weight bench, cheap is no go zone. A good weight bench should be able to last long and also handle at least 300 pounds.
• Weight bench for your height. The taller you are, the longer your bench press should be. If you are short, the opposite is true. You need to choose one that can accommodate your height.
• Stability. The right bodyweight bench press for home use should also comfortably have stable structure. This will ensure that it remains intact as you work out. The stability is usually determined by the kind of materials that it’s been made of. When looking for the best one, this is one of the most important factors to consider.
• Storage and ease of assembly. If you are planning on setting up a home gym, then the kind of space that you have will also determine the type of bench that you buy. Apart from this, you also need to consider the availability of the assembly materials for your bench press. These instructions should be easy to follow for both the beginners and those who’ve been weight lifting for a long time.
• Comfort and cushioning. As a far as comfort and safety is concerned, the seat cushioning and the back of the bench is also a very important factor to consider. You should check whether there are foam paddings and whether they are in proper density.
• Warranty. By looking at the warranty, you’ll easily know whether your bench press machine is stable or not.
• Color. Since these benches come in a range of colors, you also need to choose the type of color that you want according to your tastes and preferences.
Overall there are a variety of bench presses out there. Before choosing one, it’s very important to understand what you are looking for. It’s also important to keep any that you find inside the basket so you can review later. This will help you end up with the best one.