The Best American Fridge Freezers In 2021
If you are considering making that huge leap into purchasing the best American style fridge freezer, this guide about tips, what to look for, should help you out and assist you in making the most informed decision.
In the recent past, the popularity of American fridge freezers has greatly increased, and it’s not hard to understand why. They are not only ideal for larger families but also offer several spaces giving you access to different compartments.
Are you looking for a great American style fridge freezer bargain? Then check out today’s top deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying an American fridge freezer, please click here.
Benefits of the best American Fridge Freezer
• As compared to other freezers, they provide total storage space for both fresh and frozen food.
• They are not only modern but stylish as well hence a fantastic addition to the kitchen.
• They come with high tech features, including digital displays, temperature alarms, rapid chill functions, and adjustable temperature zones.
• The range of racks and adjustable shelves ensure that you can accommodate even the largest food items with a lot of ease, whether its leftovers or tall bottles.
What features do they have?
Whether its Beko American fridge freezer or Kenwood American fridge freezer, Most America fridge freezers come with extra storage and cooling features as a normal standard. Some of these features include
Fast freeze function- This feature is meant to boost fresh food freezing times to make the food fresher when it’s time to defrost it. However, since it consumes more energy, you need to use it sparingly.
Frost freeze freezer- This is perhaps the most useful feature of this fridge. With this feature, you can forget about the laborious task of scraping away ice cleaning up water from your kitchen floor.
Adjustable shelves- With this feature, you can arrange the shelves the way you want.
Door alarms- When you’ve left the fridge’s door open for too long, this feature will alert you. This means you don’t need to worry whether you’ve left the door open or not.
Features that you need to keep in mind while looking for the best American fridge freezer
How big should my freezer be- Although American fridge freezers including Samsung American style fridge freezer, Currys American fridge freezer, and Daewoo American fridge freezer have the reputation for being big, you still need to ask yourself this while looking or one. Since most models have storage space of up to 600 liters, it’s important to choose the most appropriate space for you.
What type of American fridge freezer should you buy- From standard models to multidoor cheap American fridge freezer models, there are several American fridge freezers to choose from. If you like good colours, you can also get American fridge freezers in different colours. Whether you want to go wild with the renegade, black, bold or red, you’ll find something for you.
What freezer ratings do you want- Since these freezers area also rated from A to A+++ with the latter being the best and the most energy efficient, it’s important to choose black American fridge freezer with the best rating. For instance, more efficient models use less power than others hence, there are some savings that you’ll definitely make at the end of the month. Also, they are good for keeping the environment clean.
What features should you pay more for?
Depending on the brand that you want and your budget, you may need Bosch American fridge freezer with a stainless steel finish and features such as ice dispensers that work automatically. If you are looking or American model with the latest cooling and mod cons then you need to consider the following.
Convertible zones- This will enable you to convert part of the freezer space into extra space which can prove useful during occasions such Christmas.
Separate thermostats- This feature will allow you to create more accurate freezer and fridge temperatures.
Ice maker- Automatic ice makers not only supply cubes of crushed ice but are also fitted with water dispensers. Although there are normal ice makers, if you are looking to make work easier, you should go for the automatic ones.
Digital display- From programming functions such as fast freeze to setting the thermostat, a digital display is amazing and makes it easy to set up the freezer.
Independent cooling system- Some best American fridge freezer systems such as white American fridge freezer comes with freezing cooling circuits and separate fridge. This will help minimise food dehydration by keeping the moisture inside. This feature is, therefore, ideal for preserving food that has high moisture content.
How much do most American fridge freezers cost?
Since American fridge freezers such as whirlpool American fridge freezer are larger, they cost more than the normal freezers. While prices can start at 450 pounds, they can go even up to 2000 pounds. However, when looking for a great model, you don’t have to spend a fortune. You can still get some of the best freezers with a bit less amount of money.
American fridge freezer dimensions
Unlike their single door cousins, American fridge freezers are by nature quite big. This means if your kitchen was fitted for the normal freezers, you might have to make some minor adjustments for the fridge to fit inside. You may also consider the space at the back, the sides or the top to allow air to flow. With that said, here are some of the things to consider.
Width- The normal width of Siemens American fridge freezer is 90 cm hence it will not only occupy a lot of space but also provide you a lot of extra space that you can use to store items. While there are slim American fridge freezer models in the market, they’ll still 70cm wide. Before choosing a unit that will suit you and your kitchen, it’s important to consider your household requirements and your lifestyle.
Height- Most American style fridge freezers are around 175 cm to 180 cm tall. When looking for where to place them, you may need to remove your high-level cabinets to provide a cohesive finish and fit. More so, since they are very heavy, you need to plan to pay for delivery although some suppliers will charge for this service others do not.
Depth- As compared to the standard models, they are also deeper. As a matter of fact, most of them are 70cm and above. If you are planning to fit them into a different space, you need to factor in this. Before you buy one of these freezers, you should measure your doorways and the dimensions of your chosen fridge. Although it may sound quite odd, some units may feel a bit bulky; hence you may have to struggle to fit them through your doors.
In some cases, the doors may be removed to make it easier to move them around the home and through your front door. If you are not sure, you need to ask your supplier if they will detach the front door and reattach them when they bring it and at how much.
Storage space- This is probably one of the major appeals of American fridge freezers. The average fridge freezer such as swan American fridge freezer should always contain around 360 litres of space. That is approximately 20 bags worth of goods. As compared to the manufacturers who take the measurements of the volume, consumers should measure the total space that they can use to store food.
How to take care of American fridge freezer
Since your American fridge freezer works throughout to ensure that your food remains fresh, it’s critical to take care of it. Here is how to take good care of it
Clean the ice cube case- To keep the bad smell at bay, you need to give the ice cube storage a thorough cleaning. More so, before reattaching it, you should dry it well to prevent the fresh ice cubes from sticking.
How to clean the interior
• To clean the interior of the fridge you should ensure that the temperature is off and all your food is out. Leave the baskets, shelves, and racks soaking while taking care of the other parts.
• Mix natural detergent with warm water and then freshen up the inside using a dishcloth. Since the shelves and the door seals are prone to odours, it’s advisable to wipe them down too.
• If you need to clear some tougher stains, then vinegar will do. Since it’s a natural cleaner, you’ll definitely get the best results that you would get while using any other chemical or bleach. Apply some vinegar on a clean cloth and clean away those stains.
• Before returning all the baskets and the shelves to their places, rinse them and let them dry well.
• As you are putting them back, make sure you wipe the bottoms of the container using a clean cloth. This will ensure that no marks are left.
How to clean the exterior
If your Miele American fridge freezer is made up of stainless steel, then you need to use an oil based metal cleaner. To avoid any streaks from forming ensure that you clean in the direction of the grains. If the exterior is painted or made of plastic, detergent and warm water will do the trick.
3 Common whirlpool American fridge freezer problems
Noisy device- While all the fridge freezers usually make some amount of noise while running, if you hear groaning, cracking or whirring sounds, then there could be a problem. The most common reasons for this sound may be a failure of the fan motor, failure of the thermostat, a partial or complete obstruction of the air channels.
The fridge not cooling- Failure of the fridge to cool could be due to several reasons. When it’s not cooling, there could be a fault in the fan motor, a problem with the compressor, or a buildup of ice.
The ice maker has stopped working- When the ice maker stops producing ice, it means the water valve is defective, or the filters are clogged, thereby blocking the inlet.
Check out today’s top 10, American fridge freezer deals below…
Top 7 tips when buying the best American fridge freezer
With hundreds of different freezer models currently in the market, choosing the best one can be a bit challenging. Thankfully, these tips for buying the best fridge freezer will help you select the best one for your needs.
• Safety- When it comes to buying a fridge freezer, one of the most important things to consider is safety. Although most models come with metal back, some still have plastic backs which can burn quickly when ignited and which can produce toxic gases. When looking for a new fridge freezer ensures that the backing is made of metal.
• Style- Although freezers come in all sizes and shapes, most of them fall in three major categories. These include the freestanding fridge freezers, integrated fridge freezers, among others.
• The colour- Although white is still the most popular colour, when it comes to buying American fridge freezers, there are currently several colours that you can choose from. This means you’ll find a colour that suits your taste.
• Capacity- Since storage space is measured in litres, how much you need is based on the size of your household. While one or two people require a smaller capacity, a family of four and above may need a bigger capacity.
• Energy rating- Since fridge freezers are always on, you need to buy one that’s more energy efficient. This means you should go for one that has a rating of A+ and above as this is the most efficient.
• Size- You also need to carefully measure the Lec American fridge freezer height, width, and depth against the size of your kitchen to confirm whether it will fit or not. You also need to allow some extra space for air circulation and room to fully open the doors.
• Plumped or not plumped- If you are considering buying a retro American fridge freezer, you also need to confirm whether it’s plumbed on non-plumbed. While non-plumped dispensers can be put anywhere, plumbed models should be 1.5 meters from the water source.
• Warranties- It’s very important to buy fridge freezers from reliable brands that come with at least one year of manufacturer’s warranty. This means if it breaks, you’ll not have to pay for repairs or replacement within that time. This is according to Samsung American fridge freezer reviews.
Well, that’s all you need to know about the best American fridge freezers. When looking for the best American fridge freezer offers, it’s advisable to put anyone that you would consider in your basket so that you can review it later.