The Best 4K TV’s
Also known as Ultra HD, 4K TV is a TV resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels which is four times more pixels than a full HD TV. Since these TVs have so many pixels, it means they’ll have higher pixel density leading clearer and more accurate picture.
In addition to their sharpness, they also produce more texture and detail. While the most commonly used term is 4K, the terms UHD and Ultra HD are also used interchangeably.
Although for your average customer, these are the same, there is minimal difference. While a true 4K TV refers to a resolution of 4096 x 2160, UHD means a 3840 x 2160 resolution which is found in the TV you actually take home when you buy a 4K TV.
Are you looking for a great 4K TV bargain? Check out today’s top 10 4K TV deals below. Or to read our guide and tips on buying a 4K TV, please click here.
The benefits of 4K TV
With the best budget 4K TV, you can get clearer images that are almost like the objects you see in real life. However, for you to enjoy these benefits, it’s very important that you view the images through large screens. The best screen to use is, therefore, the 55 inches screen. But if your budget allows, it’s recommended to go for even larger screens to experience the best 4K resolution effect. You can also upgrade your current HD TV to a 4K one. If you remain with the same screen that you were using, then you’ll notice a difference in the clarity of the images as you’ll now get more detailed, clearer images.
What you need to use 4K TV
With so many benefits to enjoy, it’s evident that the best cheap 4K TV is among the best TVs to buy. But how should you go about it? What step should you take to ensure that your dream becomes a reality? Although you can stream 4K content from other platforms, you need a 4K TV set. By providing devices that can match 4K televisions, Amazon and Netflix have been quite supportive. While this was not the case previously when the TVs were launched, nowadays you can comfortably stream 4K from any service provider. Plus, you can use your existing HD TV. Provided you upgrade, it will definitely serve you well. You also need to get an Ultra Blu-ray player, and you are good to go. Since the library is diverse, you have a wide range of videos to choose from
What’s offered by 4K TVs?
According to 4K TV reviews, when you buy a 4K TV the extra 4K TV resolution that you get adds to clarity and better definition. This means the images not only resemble real-life images but are just like looking through a window rather than watching TV. For instance, when you upgrade your 50 Inch HD TV to 4K, you are adding four times the number of pixels to the same amount of space hence producing finer details and denser pictures.
To get the best out of your best 4K smart TV, it’s advisable to sit closer to your screen. The increased pixel density and the extra resolution mean that you can move further forward to get the most out of your TV. More so, by filling a significant percentage of your field of view, you’ll enjoy a more immersive experience. Although sitting close gives you the most impact, you can still enjoy watching your 4K TV even if you are sitting far away. You will still perceive more, depth lines are still drawn cleanly, colours still look more subtle, and objects still look three dimensional and more robust.
What makes a 4K TV special?
When you watch the best 4K UHD TV at its best, you’ll be able to see everything on your screen in impressive and clear clarity. There is a level of depth and detail that other TVs cannot just achieve. As a matter of fact, big brands such as Panasonic, LG, Sony, and Samsung currently have different levels of 4K TVs, including entry level ones and other models that cost several thousands of pounds. Generally, you’ll realise that 4K TVs are huge screens that are 40 Inches and more. This means if you want to appreciate the high picture quality, you need to enjoy it on a larger screen.
Should you buy 4K 3d TV?
Since most of the TVs released by the big manufacturers are nowadays 4K, they make the bulk of the TVs around. Also, 4K TV prices have continued to drop. So, in case you are looking for a new TV, the best one to buy is 4K. However, with HD still forming the bulk of the content that’s available to watch, if you are happy with your TV, there’s no urge to rush. As compared to other TVs in the market, research has shown that 4K TVs are much better when it comes to displaying the content. Whether you are going for the best 4K Smart TV or the best 4K TV for sports, you certainly won’t be wasting your money.
Can a 4K Ultra HD TV display HD or standard content?
Yes, however just like HDR, not all 4K TVs are the same. For Ultra TV to show High Definition or Standard Definition content, the content needs upscaling. HD TV should, therefore, change SD or HD content to Ultra HD prior to displaying it. Although most of the main manufacturers of HD do an excellent job, some of the brands have failed to do so. This is currently a non-issue as compared to what used to happen before. Nowadays, Ultra 4K TV content is no longer scarce. The sheer quantity of HD content seen out there makes upscaling a very important consideration. This implies that one needs to choose the best 4K HD TV. In case the TV does a poor upscaling job Lower Definition display will not be impressive. Moreover, if your upscaling is not that perfect, you can use the many medium range and high range receivers that have 4K upscaling built within them. This means if your TV’s upscaling is not top, you may want to move to the settings and do it from there.
The kind of connections that you need to watch 4K
Although some people think that you only need an HDMI socket, this is not the case. This is because not all HDMI sockets are the same. There have been different versions of HDMI since the first digital connection appeared. The latest one that has been defined specifically with 4K TVs in mind is the v2.0. The most significant advantage of this definition is that since they support an increased data bandwidth, they can enable playback of 4K with full-colour sampling. This is high as compared to the previous one, which supports only 4K feeds of up to 30fps. Most of the brands in the market now carry HDMI 2.0 in their current TVs including Panasonic, LG, Phillips, and Samsung.
Tips for buying 4K TV
Nowadays, shopping for a TV is a bit complicated, especially if you are looking for more than a good deal. Although you may find some amazing deals on Ultra HD sets, if you are not keen, they may be lacking the kind of features that you are looking for. Here are some top tips to help you.
Ensure that the TV is actually a 4K- Ultra HD or 4K should actually be 4 times the total resolution of a 1080p HD. Unlike other TVs, a 4K TV set should display around 8000,000 pixels. This should lead to a clearer image, particularly if you are using bigger screens. Although the difference may not be like an abrupt move from Standard to a High definition one, it’s still there all the same. More so, when you move next to your 4K TV, the screen becomes more pronounced and immersive. Although it may be attractive during the rush for the best Ultra 4K TV deals, when there are amazing deals on 4K TVs, double check everything to ensure that what you are being given is 4K. Since the way goods are arranged in stores or advertised can be quite misleading, you might end up buying a 65 inch 1080p while what you wanted is a 4K TV.
Ensure that the 4K TV is Premium- Most 4k TVs produced before 2016 lack the HDR built. As a matter of fact, earlier on there wasn’t a specific definition concerning what was to be the best 4K Ultra HD TV. However, since TV manufacturers have decided to make UHD Premium, this has since changed. This means all the TV screens that are labelled UHD premium have all the requirements that the manufactures set on them. It’s, therefore, advisable to make sure that your 4K TV is UHD premium. If you go for anything else, you may not enjoy all the features that you are supposed to enjoy. For a 4K TV to be Premium, it must…
• Come with 3840 by 2160 resolution.
• Have a colour bit of 10-bit to enable for 1024 colour shades of every colour.
• Have a screen make whites clearer and blacks darker.
• Have the capability to indicate a minimum of Colour gamut of 90%.
• Enable a high dynamic colour range.
Ensure that your TV comes with HDR- Since HDR seems to be a good deal, you should always make sure that your 4K TV comes with it. This feature will make sure that the images produced are just remarkable. The richness and the colour depth that you’ll get from such a TV is very important the cleanliness of TV itself. Hence do not purchase a TV unless you are very sure that it has an HDR feature.
Make sure the TV is 10-Bit– As compared to 4K TVs, older 4K TVs are only 8-Bit hence cannot display the kind of colours displayed by 10 Bit. Don’t be surprised that all the deals that you witness are just for the previous TVs. You need to decide whether you are going for a cheaper price with older technology or not.
LED Versus OLED– Nowadays, every TV that you see is made of LED. Although this is a great show that can produce great brightness, it can significantly suffer when they need to show darker colors. This implies that LED cannot perfectly do black. Thankfully, as compared to the backlit TVs, OLED screens normally light up depending on the pixel. This means in the black scene, all the dark pixels are shut off completely. This creates not only a clearer image but also a vivid contrast.
Get a sound bar- Even the most expensive and the finest TV might have one problem: poor sound. This means the TV does not have enough room for large speakers that produce full, rich sounds. In case this happens, you are left with three options: Buy a surround-sound system, get a soundbar, or simply use headphones. The reason why sound bars are popular is that for only a small investment, you can significantly improve your cinematic experience.
Consider the size and the set up- Whether you are looking for the best 4K TV deals, the best 4K 3d TV, the best 4K resolution TV, considering the size and the setup is very important. What you must know is that TV inches are measured diagonally. More so, when you are going to use a stand, you must consider the stand’s dimensions.
Check the resolution – Previously, Full HD 1080p or HD resolution used to be the standard resolution. However, the industry now provides a 4K Ultra HD, which is 4 times the previous resolution. From, crisper images to finer details, this latest resolution deliver almost everything that you would expect.
Consider the HDR- Short form of high dynamic range, this technology boosts the contrast picture, which then translates to finer shades of colours and accurate brightness for an overall lifelike image from your TV. By considering this you’ll end up with the best 4K TV for the money.
Ask yourself whether you are buying a smart TV – Since smart TV connects directly to the internet through Ethernet or Wi-Fi cables, you need to ensure that your 4K TV is smart. By buying one, you’ll be able to stream apps such as Hulu, Netflix, HBO, among others.
Refresh rate s- This refers to how many frames your TV can display per second. If you are looking for a top rated 4K TV, your TV should have a refresh rate that’s above 120Hz.
Think about the inputs- Since TVs comes with a variety of inputs and outputs, you’ll find a range of different ports on its side panels and back. It’s, therefore, very important to look for at least 3HDMI ports, especially if you are going to use an A/V receiver and soundbar with your TV.
Check out today’s top 10, 4K television deals below…
- Dive into your TV entertainment and see all the richness of nature in accurate detail with Recolour.
- Modern and polished, the sleek and stylish Samsung UHD TV naturally fills the contours of your space with refined elegance.
- Get to your entertainment the faster, easier, and more intelligent way. Search less, and watch more with the newly enhanced intuitive Samsung Smart Hub. Enjoying TV has never been this simple.
- Enjoy your high speed PC games on the TV via Steam link. Play your favourite PC games on the big screen without having to squint and hunch over a small monitor
- The best way to enjoy any kind of multimedia content is on a big screen with high-quality visuals. With Samsung Cloud, you can connect your Samsung smart device to the UHD TV screen to enjoy your photos, videos, and other multimedia content on a large screen. Plus, connecting your Samsung smart device to the Samsung Cloud is a seamless, easy process.
- Vivid 4K UHD Picture: Featuring HDR10, HGL, and Micro Dimming technologies - brightness, colour saturation, and contrast are intelligently optimized in every frame.
- A smarter TV experience: built with LEXA connectivity, facilitating far-field TV control. Enjoy Freeview Play/ BBC iPlayer/ Netflix 4K/ YouTube 4K and more. Plus, connect external devices with t-cast (Wi-Fi enabled), HDMI, and USB.
- Dolby Audio: delivers rich, clear, powerful sound in your TV.
- Treat your ears with Dolby sound: engineered with rich, EQ optimized Dolby sound - for a smarter, superior audio Experience.
- Seamless home INTEGRATION: display standing, or hang on the wall. A rigorously tested bracket meets industrial Standard. Note: wall bracket specifications = Width 100mm x height 100mm.
- TRUE 4K COLOUR AND CLARITY: don't settle for anything less than the pure colours, sharp contrast and brightness delivered by the latest 4K resolution standards.
- UHD PROCESSER: relax with a TV that gives you the very best 4K picture.
- HDR: discover picture detail like never before.
- SMART HUB: get access to the largest collection of 4K content and all your catch up TV apps including Apple TV, BT Sport and NOW TV apps, only on Samsung.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: RU7100 TV, remote control, VESA wall mount support, user manual, power cable.
- Hisense 50 inch 4K TV featuring HDR 10 (High Dynamic Range), HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and a Quad Core processor for high speed Smart TV: 2017/18 New Range
- Perfect Picture featuring Ultra HD 4K - 3840 x 2160 Pixels for Ultra High Definition realism and quality
- Easy to use - Smart TV with Quad Core processor giving access to Freeview Play plus Netflix, YouTube and streaming services
- Amazing Sound with DBX Total Sonics, Enhanced effects with DBX Total Surround, and DBX Total Volume for perfect control
- Multiple connections for all your home entertainment products - 3 HDMI, 1 x Composite, 1 x Optical, and 2 x USB
- Ultra HD certified - Ultra HD certified for true 4K colour and clarity
- Watch every moment burst from the screen. Superior brightness, shadow detail and authentic colour with HDR powered by HDR 10+
- Clean Cable Solution - Finally a TV that provides a minimalist, clutter free and stylish cable management solution for clutter free viewing.
- 360 Degree Design - Discover minimalistic design from every angle.
- Experience better shadow detail and more accurate colour with UHD Dimming technology that independently adjusts tone, brightness and sharpness.
- Immerse yourself in an incredible viewing experience with the top-of-the-range, Finlux 4K HDR TV packed with features, including Amazon Prime Video, Netflix 4K, Freeview Play and DTS TruSurround sound
- Dolby vision capable: For scene-by-scene picture accuracy, Dolby Vision HDR transfers cutting-edge motion picture technology from movie theatres to the TV screen
- Talk to Alexa via an Amazon Echo or Echo dot and control your TV with nothing but the sound of your voice
- Amazon Dash Replenishment enabled: This device will automatically reorder batteries when running low, register on the Dash Replenishment app in your TV to avail this service
- The 43 Inch TV comes with 3sided Ambilight for a better television experience. Thanks to the light show of the 43 Inch television, the screen will feel bigger than it actually is. Completely Immerse yourself in the movies.
- With 4K UHD (3.840 x 2.160) and LED, you can enjoy rich colours and amazing contrasts. Benefit from HDR 10+ support and enjoy vivid colours, dark blacks and bright whites with this 43 Inch TV.
- Feel like sitting in front of the screen at the cinema. The 43 Inch television makes it possible. Thanks to Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, you will completely Immerse into the action. Picture and sound like in professional films.
- Just a single button and you have direct access to the clear icon-based menu of Saphi Smart TV. Enjoy many films and series and expand your daily portion of entertainment. The 43 inch TV and Saphi's Smart TV features are just waiting to entertain you.
- Included in delivery: Philips Ambilight 43PUS6754/12 TV 43 Inch LED Smart TV (4K UHD, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Smart TV) dark silver (2019/2020 model); remote control, Batteries, power cord, quick Start Guide, Legal and safety brochure, table top stand
- The most powerful streaming media stick with a new Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming.
- Launch and control your favourite movies and TV shows with the Alexa Voice Remote. Use the dedicated power, volume and mute buttons to control your compatible TV, soundbar and receiver.
- Enjoy brilliant picture with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+. Experience immersive sound with access to Dolby Atmos on selected Prime Video titles.
- Enjoy favourites from BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, ITV Hub, All 4, Disney, Curzon and others (subscription fees may apply).
- Experience thousands of apps, Alexa skills and channels plus millions of websites such as Facebook and Reddit.
- Ultra HD resolution is 4 times greater than Full HD. Never miss a single detail, be part of the action!
- HDR10 and HLG: Deepest blacks, higher contrast and vivid colours. Covering 4K HDR Movies and TV broadcasts.
- Dolby Audio: Delivers rich, clear, powerful sound in your TV.
- SMART: Netflix 4K, Youtube 4K and Freeview Play: 7 Day Catch Up through your programmed guide and On Demand apps through your existing TV aerial and home WIFI connection.
- 2 Year Onsite-Home repair warranty: Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or call UK Support Hotline 0203 318 0659
- Latest Ultra HD innovation is built into a distinctive IPS 4K panel meaning your entertainment is viewable from any angle without distortion
- Active HDR can adapt to a variety of HDR formats and provides scene by scene image mastering, delivering pinpoint picture reproduction
- Good television deserves great audio and this sound technology creates seven virtual channels which produce the multi channel ultra surround effect
- Your television is presented with minimal bezels and sleek modern lines providing a premium construction and a touch of real class to any living room
- Television that brings convenience to your living room, ThinQ AI TV can listen, think and respond to your questions
Things to avoid when buying a 4K TV
Avoid buying the wrong size- If you really want to appreciate the Ultra HD resolution, then bigger is better when it comes to buying 4K TV. This means you should buy a TV that you can afford and that’s also closest to the size that you need.
Avoid focusing on unimportant features- Just like other products, 4K TVs comes with several features that are not only annoying but can also do nothing when it comes to improving the overall performance. Some of the features that most consumers do not use include pointless curved displays, 3D, and other features such as local dimming hype.
Avoid buying a TV that’s not future proof- Currently, most 4K TVs comes with a range of connectivity options, standardised display specs and features such as Dolby Vision HDR support. This means they are already future proof.
Avoid believing the manufacturer a 100%- By following the manufacturer 100%, you might get a false impression that even the cheapest 4K TVs delivers a top-shelf performance that will leave you breathless. This is obviously not true. Since not all 4K TVs are made equal, most budget TVs will deliver a notably inferior picture quality as compared to their pricier premium counterparts.
Avoid spending too little- Although it’s ok to look for the best value for your money, this should not mean that you buy a cheap TV just because it’s cheap. While there is a variety of superb budget TVs out there a lot of low priced models that provide relatively weak display quality
Avoid spending a lot- Just as it’s possible to spend little cash on a TV and suffer the consequences; it’s also entirely possible to overspend on something that you do not require.
When looking for which 4k TV to buy, it’s advisable to put any you would consider in your basket so you can review later.